Search results

1. N

Glue for track

What type of glue can I use to glue my metal tracks to the plastic ties. I heard CA is to brittle and I really do not want to use any spikes. Looking for something I could perhaps pick up a a local hardware store. I heard about shoe glue? Any thoughts would be great.. Thanks Thanks for the...
  2. N

track spacing in yard ladder

How far apart should the tracks be in a train yard ladder and on a main line? I have mine chalked out at 2.5"on center track and they look far apart. Should it be more like 2" on center? Opps and the scale is HO...
  3. N

Proto 2000 parts

Were can I find replacement handrails for a Proto 2000 GP18? Having a hard time locating any on the web..thanks for any help :)
  4. N

#6 vs. #4 Turnouts

Can I get away with using #4 turnouts at a coal breaker. It would just be for hopper cars and Diesel Switchers. Trying to get as big as a yard as I can in a 4' by 8' area.
  5. N

need help

Trying to decide on what code track to use. I was thinking code 83 for the main line and then code 70 for the yards and other spurs. Does this sound right or am I way off. The less used tracks are a smaller code? And how would I connect two different codes? Any help would be great before I spend...
  6. N

Hot wire cutter

Thank You Mark
  7. N

Hot wire cutter

Back in the early 90's I think there was a article in Model Railroader about cutting foam to make a track bed. If memory serve me right they took a coat hanger and bent it just so to create a single or double track with a drainage ditch on both sides. If anyones knows what issue this was I would...
  8. N

looking for feed back

Thanks Thanks for all the feed back. It is a RDA model. The platform was scratch made from balsa wood. (I did not like the one that came with the kit) The gondola is a old Marx. Used a lighter to heat it up then dented it with a back handle of a exato knive. Painted it with brown primer then...
  9. N

looking for feed back

Just started back into the hobby. Here is one of the building I just finished. Was photographed inside. Any feed back whould be great Possitive or negative.

Back