Search results

1. B

MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

I pre-ordered this locomotive in April of 2009. In the nine months it took it to finally get here, I almost canceled it twice. But now that it finally arrived, all I can say is "WOW;" I am so very glad I didn't cancel, it definitely was worth the wait! The only other sound locomotive I have to...
  2. B

Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

This Atlas "Birkshire Vally Route" layout is constructed with one "reverse" track. One of the improvements I was considering is a 2nd reverse track on the opposite side of the layout. I've attached four views of my proposed 2nd reverse track location; I don't know if it's plausible and would...
  3. B

Steam Locomotives & Old Cars

A friend sent me these and I figured EVERYONE at the forum would enjoy them; I certainly did!
  4. B

Upgrading Turn-out Switch Machines

I am in the process of gathering the necessary items to upgrade the Atlas 100 turn-outs. My first choice was Atlas's 150-66 under table machine with, DP/DT switch. Unfortunately the poor quality of this switch, made the move to the Tortise slow motion machine necessary. In the 1st photo on the...
  5. B

MRC AD310 Decoder @ Proto 2000 GP18

I am having trouble wiring the last of my 6 good engines to the DCC decoder. If you look at the attached photo of their instructions, they list wire colors to all connections EXCEPT one. One side of the motor connect to the decoder orange wire, the other engine connection is the MYSTERY?
  6. B

HO Car Derailments

I am fairly new at this hobby. At my present stage of life, I now have the time and would like to really get into it during the winter months. I built my present 4x12 layout about 8 years ago. I want to finish it by adding buildings and scenery, but I'm the type that can't get to this fun part...

Back