Search results

1. Don Z1029

Solution for tight corners in layout aisles

A few years back, I was helping a friend build the benchwork for his layout. He had an interior aisle around a peninsula where he planned to install a roundhouse. He didn't want hard corners on the peninsula as they would make it tight for 2 operators to be in the same area. I proposed a...
  2. Don Z1029

Some layout planning in progress

Progress is being made on my new shop/layout building. 50x50 with 12 foot sidewalls. My layout area will be 25x50. I had originally planned on a 50x50 for just the layout, but economic realities have changed the plans. I've attached a snippet of the layout design I had started for the bigger...
  3. Don Z1029

Some of my past work

A few years back, I was asked to build the benchwork for a custom HO scale model railroad for a young man who was 6 years old. His parents were very well off and wanted the best for their child. I was amazed at how adept the young man was when running his trains and how he physically handled...
  4. Don Z1029

Prototype air line question

Greetings, While passing through Colorado and New Mexico a few years back, we came across a unit coal train burning down the mainline. The thing that caught my eye was what appeared to be a duplicate air line on every car in the consist. This was the only train I've seen with this set up. Does...
  5. Don Z1029

Rising from the ashes...

New to this forum, but not to model railroading. I recognized a few names on this forum so I figured why not jump in the pool and take a few laps? The ''other" forum I was on seems to have crashed and burned so I gave up on trying to use it any longer. I had started a decent layout back in the...

Back