Search results

1. M

N gauge track

What is the smallest circle that can be made with N gauge. I want to figure how small table I can use.
  2. M

How much ballast

If I am using 3 rail 027 track and have nearly 100 feet of track, how much ballast will I need? In cubic feet or quarts or gallons not lbs
  3. M

plywood vs OSB

I have been figuring to use OSB for my layout, but just read that it is much harder to drive screws into. Although the guy did say MDF was hard not OSB. I am not familiar with MDF, is it just another name for OSB , or another product altogether?
  4. M

balast options

Just spit balling, and wondering if it would work to use the premixed concrete mix with the biggest stuff screened out as ballast. Maybe thstuff that you don.t even have to mix just spread and wet down??? O a mortar mix and shape it and spread some cat letter on top . Or would the train...
  5. M

S vsO gauge rolling stock

Are they interchangeable? As in will they both roll on o27 track? It is American flyer, and most of my stuff is Lionel. Will the couplers connect? I need more cars, and can buy a bunch of S for cheap
  6. M

AC OR DC to run my trains

I am just putting together stuff for a layout. I am panning to run 3 small circuits with 3 different engines. All pretty old. Well the Kline o4o switcher is only about 15 or 20, but the Lionel. southern pacific is ??? age, and the other. is an old Marx from who knows?? The Southern is...
  7. M

Need DCC help/info

I am in he process of building a 3 footx15 foot layout which I want to use 3 locos on on at least 2 different tracks. Here is the deal, 2 engines are real old post war models, but one is only about 15 years old. It is a K Line 0 4 0 switch, with tender That I bought new. At the time, it...
  8. M

What is DCC?

I am in he process of building a 3 footx15 foot layout which I want to use 3 locos on on at least 2 different tracks. Here is the deal, 2 engines are real old post war models, but one is only about 15 years old. It is a K Line 0 4 0 switch, with tender That I bought new. At the time, it...
  9. M

track layout possibilities

As I mentioned earlier, I need to keep my layout narrow so can reach across. Do you think my idea of running an outside track just an inch inside my 36 inch board will leave me room to put a 27 inch circle inside of it?? Or am I going to have to go an inch or 2 wider?
  10. M

cheap ballast

still can.t decide what to use, of course I am in no hurry, as I still haven't built the table, let alone laid track. I will be using O gauge 3 rail. I wonder if some of the sand that they sell at Menards would work. I know I can fall back on kitty litter, but think I would like something...
  11. M

Ballast questions

I am new to ballasting, so have questions. what is the proper size (in fractions of inch) for the granules of ballast for O gauge. I have not yet decided on the medium, but also need to know when gluing it down, I know to wet it first, but is it then let dry, or apply the glue when wet with...
  12. M

Introduction

I am from Omaha Ne. recently moved here from Columbus Ne. was into classic cars for last 17 years, But last year damaged my spinal cord and will never drive again, so going back to my old hobby of 027 gauge trains. OH, I am 81 years old. Also I guess here I will be mowman24. I chose that...

Back