Search results

1. S

Reverse Loop ????????

I think I will start planning for DCC before I go any further with my layout.
  2. S

Reverse Loop ????????

Sorry...... I forgot to mention this is a DC system. I have considered switching to DCC. Would I have the same issue if it were a DCC setup? Reggie
  3. S

Reverse Loop ????????

Can someone please explain a reverse loop wiring situation? I have a reversing loop in my track but I'm not exactly sure how to wire it, or isulate the track section. Do I need any type of special switch for this?
  4. S

Constructing a new board for layout

I finally have all of the track down. I may add at least one more side track, not sure yet. I'll try and post pics tomorrow. Reggie
  5. S

OK it's been a few weeks since I posted this thread and here's what I have accomplished thus far. I've constructed the board and painted it. I have it mounted to workstation assemblies with heighth adjustable legs. I have track laid for one DC curcuit and my wife has suggested two lines each...
  6. S

atlas switches - wiring

Just what I was looking for......Thanks for your help Jim. R.Woods
  7. S

atlas switches - wiring

Wow! You can tell I'm new to this..... Yes these are Atlas snap switch machines. They have three terminals on one end. I have slide switches I would like to use and they are Atlas as well. This is HO gauge code 100 track.
  8. S

atlas switches - wiring

Could someone please post the wiring schematic for basic switches. I have bought several on ebay and not one came with the wiring instructions. :confused: Thanks
  9. S

Is this a decoder?

I have the same locomotive. If you remove the light bar is there a circuit board underneath with a pin connector? If not, and there's no pin connector Is it still possible to add a DCC decoder?
  10. S

"POLL" What DCC System do you prefer?

Mr. Kruger, You mentioned that the EZ Command system has limitations. What are the limitations? Also please explain the user friendliness of the NCE system as compared to the Bachman EZ Command system. What can I expect to pay for a NCE system? Thanks....
  11. S

"POLL" What DCC System do you prefer?

OK gents I have no opinion on any of these systems; I'm actually seeking information. I currently do not own a DCC system but I am looking to purchase one in the near future. I would like your suggestions concerning user friendliness, dependability and cost. I have three children ages 4, 7 and...
  12. S

Code 83 Flex Track - Joiners?

Thanks for the information gentlemen. I've never used flex track before; things have really changed since I was a kid. I do appreciate the input. Removing the end ties, soldiering the connections and replacing and re-adjusting the ties will be fair amount of work but my son and I can handle...
  13. S

By removing a tie ill that not result in uneven spacing at the joint?
  14. S

I have a large amount of code 83 flex track that I bought on Ebay about 8 years ago. I recently began building the table for my new L-shaped layout and plan to use this flex track. To my surprise I noticed the ties run to within an eighth of an inch of the rail on both ends of the track...
  15. S

It's my plan tp start with a basic L-Shape layout 8x12 and narrow down to 2' along the inside. I would also leave room for expansion on either end. By the way, we will be using the HO scale models. The foam board everyone mentions......Is it a regular styrofoam board? Can it be purchased at...
  16. S

Hello All, Newcomer with first post...... I haven't played with trains since I was a kid myself some 35 years ago. My children are now at the age where they really enjoy model railroads. My son who is nine just loves the small 4x8 layout we currently have. I want to build a permanent...

Back