Search results

1. L

Hi-rail layout progress

The 1 year mark! HO2fWvzmtt0
  2. L

Our 1 year anniversary

Its been 1 year since my Dad and I began construction.... Yes, we know, there is a rail in the middle ;) Its FULL HD so change the settings in the YouTube Window and go FULL SCREEN! Enjoy! HO2fWvzmtt0
  3. L

Control panel

This is the control panel I built for our 3 rail layout. You can build it the same exact way for HO or any other 2 rail model railroad. I used Tortoise Switch machines, with Bi-Polar LED's as switch indicators. I had a lot of questions as to how it was built and how I wired it, so I made a video...
  4. L

26 x 17 3 Rail Layout -Construction Progress VIDEO

Part 1 0bJ0RtLEMPo&feature=g-upl
  5. L

26 x 17 3 Rail Hi-Rail Track Plans

26 x 17 3 Rail Hi-Rail FINAL PLAN & BENCH WORK BEGINS 3/27 Well we have pretty much got it down to these 2 choices. They are not complete as far as a few industry tracks and details, but the mainlines are pretty much done, and the engine facility will be the main focus when you walk into the...
  6. L

3 Rail Uncoupling with Kadee

i9u52Y3Dv0M Switching 3 rail cars using Kadee couplers, and uncouling magnets. i9u52Y3Dv0M
  7. L

Kadees vs "The Claw"

Yes, Kadee couplers will couple up to the 3 rail claw and function with the 3 rail electro coupler. A video discussing the compatibility of the Kadee couplers and the claw, along with the Kadee between the rails uncoupling magnet. dQPsTQRxlYo
  8. L

Atlas 2 rail box cars

9. L

Atlas O 2 rail box w/ custom load

Before: was a Trainman Series 3 rail car After: Atlas 70 ton 2 rail trucks, Kadee 805 couplers, cushion coupler extension pockets, cut levers, extra weight, custom drywall load:
  10. L

ATSF 4-8-4 Northern 2926 Restoration

The tender has been completed except for some minor things. On schedule to be finished for the NM 100 year anniversary. Tons of pix through Sept 09. http://www.nmslrhs.org/index.php
  11. L

Backdrop Painting Tips Needed

Ok I've seen some very nice looking painted backdrops from several different members here? I'm readfy to start painting mine. It's 20' long and 4' tall. I went to Lowes and picked up the 4 million different shades of blue to choose from. I don't want it too dark, nor too light? Any suggestions...
  12. L

3 x 20 Industrial Spur Switching Layout

Yes it is 3 rail, thank you for noticing ;) 3' wide x 20' long, with a liftout section to span the door. Originally it was going to be a smaller static display to photograph all the custom work I do for clients and/or Ebay. Now it's grown and will be fully functional to switch cars. The frame...
  13. L

The NEW Atlas O GP-7

I just had to buy all 3 of them, both powered units and the dummy. ;)
  14. L

Rock Mountain Diorama

A 3' diorama I intend to use to showcase some custom cars/engines for picture taking. This is the second attempt as the 1st didn't stay together when I picked it up. I used regular hydrocal for the rock castings so they are quite heavy. On the 1st attempt, I used wadded up newspaper and taped it...
  15. L

"Ice Service" Reefer

Finally, I found one that says "Ice Service on it. Didn't think I was ever going to but the Great Train Expo in Anaheim proved me wrong. I already weathered it and got it up on Ebay.
  16. L

Atlas Dash 8-40B Santa Fe

The latest offering headed to Ebay. Light to moderate weathering, representing late 80's railroading, even into the early 90's. See it on an intermodal train, with a caboose on the rear end. Yes I have all that listed as well. There's a short demo video on youtube if you've never seen an Atlas O...
  17. L

Ice House & Platform

The new Atlas kits used for a diorama under construction.
  18. L

Atlas O Scale Ice House & Platform Kits -- 3 Rail Diorama

Atlas O scale Ice House and 2 platform kits bashed together to make 1 long one. I use it to take pix of my weathered cars that I list on Ebay.
  19. L

Atlas O Scale Ice House & Platform Kits -- 3 Rail Diorama

Here's the Atlas O scale kits Ice House and Plateform. I kitbashed 2 platforms to make a 5' long one that will service 4 cars at a time plus 1 or 2 at the unloading dock for ice service cars.

Back