ATSF 4-8-4 Northern 2926 Restoration

SWEET, gives me another reason to go to NM in 2012... Can double up the trip with visiting my family.

It would sure be nice to see a Northern in operation again. Do they have line to run this engine on or is that still in the future?

BNSF sold off a bunch of track through the state including some in Raton Pass so they have many plans of touring the state with the newly restored locomotive.

Man, I'd pay some money to ride over Raton in a train pulled by that bad boy. :) I hope they are able to get it done.

Thats pretty neat. I do have to say, whom ever designed thier website has to be a real genious. When you try to view the pictures of the move out of the park. Instead of viewing them on the main part of the page, you have to view them in a small pane on the side and scroll side to side and up and down. Trying to look at pictures in a small window on the side of the screen. Rediculous.

I take it they are restoring the caboose also? Whats the story with that red caboose that was on display behind it?

that would be fantastic to see it up and running. My first HO steam loco was a AT-SF Northern 4-8-4.

Back