Search results

1. GandG_North

Bridge Rails on a Grade

Are there any prototypical examples of a bridge on a grade? In other words, a bridge deck that is not level. I have a spot on my layout where I'd like to lower one end of a bridge (really, a series of bridges connected end to end) to resolve a problem, but not sure a bridge in this condition...
  2. GandG_North

Buying stuff for a model railroad - frustrating

Just a rant from a grouchy old guy. We used to have a LHS downtown called Treasure House Hobbies, but it's been long closed. There was a little shop about 15 minutes away in the next town, but the owner of that shop passed away a couple of years ago, and now it looks like the building (house)...
  3. GandG_North

Granite Gorge and Northern - Ohio (cont'd)

Hi everyone. This started out in the "Introduce Yourself" forum. Here's the latest version of my layout. I've switched from Peco code 83 track to Peco code 100. 100 seems to be less money and better availability. Did require some geometry change since turnouts aren't dimensionally identical. It...
  4. GandG_North

Returning to my old Granite Gorge and Northern layout

Hi everyone. 40 some years ago I built the benchwork and put down the cork roadbed and HO Atlas Customline track, for the Granite Gorge and Northern railway. Then stopped. I've only ever run 1 loco on just a very small part of it for about 5 minutes. Other than that, all I've done with it is...

Back