Search results

1. D

Track Plan Recommendations

Updated track plan that reflects ross switches and gargraves track
  2. D

Track Plan Recommendations

I am trying to get the best possible track plan/layout but i am a bit new at this. I am wanting to do O gauge but also have some scenery like mountains/tunnels etc. But i also want alot of switching while maintaing some continuous running lines. I am attaching my layout in any rail and pdf...
  3. D

Lionel Fast Track O-72 Switch Issue

Hello, I seem to have stumbled upon a problem on my layout. I have the lionel 6-12048 O-72 fast track remote switch. I ran my new lion chief polar express and another train across it and both derailed about half way into the switch. The first 2 passes on the switch brand new out of the box no...
  4. D

Fast Track Wiring Help O Gauge

Well i ended up doing about 13 jumpers total about every 6 sections of track or so seems to be ok
  5. D

O Gauge Track Sizing

Hey Folks, I have yet another beginner question. So i am used to lionel o gauge 3 rail fast track. But i really like the look of the gargraves track. Since i don’t have any money invested in any track on my layout except the some fast track i inherited. I am trying to figure out what the...
  6. D

Need help with lift gate track work

Yeah we’re working to make the slide more sturdy and even when going up and down by adding some braces between each to keep it level and also some cleats to hold it up instead of wood blocks sitting there. But since i’m new to laying track please excuse my questions but when you say taper the...
  7. D

Need help with lift gate track work

Hi folks, So i am working with lionel o gauge fast track and my idea is to have a complete circle. I am looking at running O-96 curves a complete outer circle so i can run the big boys and such. However i have a lift up gate constructed but wanted some ideas on how to build my track across it...
  8. D

Benchwork mistake need help

i’m done with plywood for now i need to figure out how to make a swinging door in the entrance with drop down track this is just so i can have a big outer circle. The carpenter guy was trying to figure out how we could do this too
  9. D

Makes sense i probably should figure out my track layout i have no idea what i want yet except i would like an 0-72 circle but i may need to lay it out first then build access panels around that
  10. D

Access hatches is on the table for sure i am working with my carpenter but i need to lay the track first i’m site then do then trying to find some examples to show him how to build them to make them
  11. D

yeah i dropped the casters idea after looking at what you said so it’s across hatches unless i can get ontop and work
  12. D

i didn’t think of scaffolding but now you mentioned it that could do it for that side that’s a good idea
  13. D

40 inches high. I don’t have a track plan yet i was trying to get some O-72s curves in here because i read some of the expensive or good locomotives can’t make the O-36 turns. I like a lot of switching too but not sure how much i will get on this layout with the space issues. I haven’t gotten...
  14. D

the questions about the casters etc is if i used 1/4 x 20 stems these casters at most handle 110lb's and i would have 32 of t hem total around that benchwork does that seem like it would be enough to handle the weight of the model or do i need heavier duty then at that point i have to modify...
  15. D

Hello folks, first time here. So i purchased some sievers benchwork but i made the novice mistake of going beyond 30" deep on my benchwork. The benchwork in 50% of the areas is 36" deep and in others 4ft deep. Not sure what to do because i want to model scenary, install track and other things in...

Back