Lionel Fast Track O-72 Switch Issue

davehall83

Hello,

I seem to have stumbled upon a problem on my layout. I have the lionel 6-12048 O-72 fast track remote switch. I ran my new lion chief polar express and another train across it and both derailed about half way into the switch. The first 2 passes on the switch brand new out of the box no problems. After 2 passes every train derails no matter what or what direction the switch is set to. I checked the switch and it switches the frog no issues at all so i have no idea what the issue is, the track is smooth going across, it switches i just dont get it. I did find online after some searching there is a defect in these lionel 0-72 fast track switches that they do this. So what are my other options, i need some kinda switch, does this supposed defect affect their O-60 or O-36 switches as well for fast track? I have some older O-36 switches that i setup on the layout from a train show that were used that work without a flinch and no derailing so i dont get it at all.

42219D62-E97C-444D-9BE7-7E7063A2876C.jpeg

Hello,

I seem to have stumbled upon a problem on my layout. I have the lionel 6-12048 O-72 fast track remote switch. I ran my new lion chief polar express and another train across it and both derailed about half way into the switch. The first 2 passes on the switch brand new out of the box no problems. After 2 passes every train derails no matter what or what direction the switch is set to. I checked the switch and it switches the frog no issues at all so i have no idea what the issue is, the track is smooth going across, it switches i just dont get it. I did find online after some searching there is a defect in these lionel 0-72 fast track switches that they do this. So what are my other options, i need some kinda switch, does this supposed defect affect their O-60 or O-36 switches as well for fast track? I have some older O-36 switches that i setup on the layout from a train show that were used that work without a flinch and no derailing so i dont get it at all.
Sorry, I do not know much about FastTrack. My only guess is that it looks like the turnout in the picture is not flat. Perhaps that has something to do with it?

I am not going to be much help sounds like you are searching the right places. I am trying to think of someone who does use FastTrack. Perhaps a member Bruette. He is much more into Lionel than any of the rest of us. By older do you mean the old tubular rail switchs?

Yep, Bruette is the man to ask, but an observation looking at the photo, it looks like you have dip in the track just before the turnout, admittedly it could also just be the angle the photo was taken from.

Back