Search results

1. AirbrushNo5

Rerailers?

I had them on my N layout but when I tore up that and moved to HO, I had them but never installed them
  2. AirbrushNo5

Scrap Load

Thanks…👍🏻
  3. AirbrushNo5

Scrap Load

More to come on this
  4. AirbrushNo5

Scrap Load

I’ve been building a couple armour kits recently so not too much extra train time, but I did do another gondola load from spare parts…including a German 3.7cm AA gun that I inadvertently knocked off the shelf to its demise on the the workshop floor.. Still in the weathering process
  5. AirbrushNo5

Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

I think it was NSAIDS that did me in on Tinnitus… long time user
  6. AirbrushNo5

Hey Curt, Re: USN Submarine Service, I picked up this DCU jacket at farm flea market for next to nothing a few years ago… I believe it belonged to the skipper of the USS Providence…he was stationed in the mid-east prior to his sub commander stint…
  7. AirbrushNo5

Raining here today… Went to 🇨🇦 Tire to pick up rat traps… We never had rats in our neighborhood til Covid.. I think the closures pushed them further afield in search of food.. Last year I killed 3, my neighbour may have killed more… I know all of a sudden they were gone… But it seems they are...
  8. AirbrushNo5

Hi there

Welcome aboard Marco…! Many hands make light work… Cheers Dave..
  9. AirbrushNo5

I recognize that loader 3 posts up…! Fantastic work there👍🏻👍🏻
  10. AirbrushNo5

Tangent 86’ boxcar

Thanks… Maybe the subject…maybe more light…?
  11. AirbrushNo5

So what are you listening to right NOW?

10,000 songs on my iPad in shuffle mode…
  12. AirbrushNo5

Finally, Santafewillies layout thread

Like the vegetation growing between the ties…👍🏻
  13. AirbrushNo5

starting over with HO scale

Welcome…intriguing layout for sure
  14. AirbrushNo5

Weathering Rolling Stock, a Continous thread

I don’t spray oils… I fade using Tamiya Flat White…thinned to the max My oils 99% of the time are going over the flat fade coat…sometimes directly applied from the tube or in varying dilution with blue lable Turpenoid Turpenoid is sold in art supply stores… Mineral Spirit is sold in hardware...
  15. AirbrushNo5

Tom, I used to use mineral spirits.. still have some…use MS when the Turpenoid runs out An armour modeller recommended the blue label Turpenoid.. I used to pre-dab the oils on cardboard to soak up the oil… I forgot to do it somewhere along the line, and to be honest now I can’t tell the...
  16. AirbrushNo5

Seniority Roster! How long have you been a member here?

Do you get extra seniority on the days the forum is running slow?😜
  17. AirbrushNo5

Hey Tom, Question re your oil paint drying time? I am using Blue label Turpenoid as the thinning agent for my oils, washes, pin washes etc…what are you using? Usually I can work on the car within an hour of the oil application. Eg. Spray XF-86 over the oil work etc…the Turpenoid I believe acts...
  18. AirbrushNo5

Rust never sleeps…

Nice scrapyard of worn out locos…!!! Mine is a conglomeration of kit surplus parts of varying scales 1/16, 1/32, 1/35, 1/48, and 1/72 armour, aircraft and some figure kits..these I have a lot of…to infinity and beyond!
  19. AirbrushNo5

Rust never sleeps…

Thanks…David 👍🏻 And going with your comment.. I have 3 different shades of “in the bottle” pigments.. Plus 1 of the above 3 mixed together saved from the paper after the initial application.. Today I added another colour mixing the dark brown with the 3 mix… I have a bunch of other earth tones...

Back