Search results

1. M

Wpf 3/15 -> 3/21

Downtown Graysonville. All of the structures are scratch, most with interiors.
  2. M

Wpf 3/15 -> 3/21

A couple of shots of a couple of the residential streets in Graysonville, These were done last year. There are actually 4 square blocks in the residential section of Graysonville, something I have not been able to model anywhere else in that detail. Graysonville is one of two cities that I...
  3. M

Northern steel--layout

Iron-man: There are three different track gauges in the photos, standard guage is the left track under the materials shed, while the elevated pair there are 3' (which is what the Tweetsie is), the slag track is also 3' Tweetsie tractage. The straight tracks running on three sides of the...
  4. M

Northern steel--layout

A few more of the Cranberry, it is in S scale
  5. M

Northern steel--layout

Thought you might also get some ideas from this iron works. This one is totally scratched off the original blueprints, it is the Cranberry Iron Works on the "Tweetsie" circa 1899. Took a little over three months time to build and install.
  6. M

Northern steel--layout

If you are going to pour Envirotex for water you will need to paint at least the lower portion as the resin will melt any unprotected styrene. The photo is of the one of the ore docks on the Galveston club layout, ship is the Sylvan models ore carrier.
  7. M

Wpf 3/8-3/14

An HO backshop on the same clients layout that I did last year. Started out as a pair of Walthers kits with a full scratchbuilt interior. The loco being "wheeled" is even weathered and has a full belly, it started out as a Athearn Gensis piece. The backshop won BEST IN SHOW last September in...
  8. M

Wpf 3/8-3/14

Some shots of the Dunker Mine that was just installed on a clients layout. Piece is in HO and still lacks the final exterior detailing. Scratchbuilt using Evergreen sheet and basewood, roofing is Cambell corrigated metal.
  9. M

Weekly Photo Fun 3/25 - 3/31

Next up are some progress photos of the work being done at the Galvestion Model Railroad Club layout. I am installing a new engine terminal and town on the lower level and a new port area on the upper. The areas are 8' wide and 40' long.
  10. M

Weekly Photo Fun 3/25 - 3/31

Just got back from working on a pair of layouts. First up the Cranberry Iron Works circa 1900 in Sn3. Piece is 66"x44" and the main stack is 37" tall. Entirely scratchbuilt down to the rivets. Only a few details are lacking, mainly about 25 stacks of "pigs" along the track awaiting loading.
  11. M

Weekly Photo Fun 2/4 - 2/9

Some more progress shots on the Galveston Club layout. Looks like the new albums in the record store are really attracting some attention from the young ladies. First layer of water (Envriotex Light) was poured in the Green River valley. An overall all view of the city of Clayton with the...
  12. M

Weekly Photo Fun 2/4 - 2/9

Some of the scenery work that I am doing at the Galveston Model club this week. These are all shot in Clayton the city next to the major engine terminal that I am installing. Clayton is on the lower deck on the layout.
  13. M

Loco Yard

Some close ups of the fueling facilities, the 19 stall roundhouse is in the background and behind it the transfer table and backshop and machine shops.
  14. M

WPH 11/18 to 11/25

Trent; Thanks for the compliment, been working at various layouts recently and not at home so tough to make updates. Here are some more from the recent work at the Galvestion club, these on the EBT portion of the layout.
  15. M

WPH 11/18 to 11/25

And lastly some shots of the Galveston Model Railroad Club new engine terminal that I am building in HO scale for them Three more work weeks spent at the club should see the terminal complete. This is where the 19 stall roundhouse was placed that was built in August.
  16. M

WPH 11/18 to 11/25

Also finished an O scale 30000 gallon water tank for eBay. Built board by board with individual shingles on the roof.
  17. M

WPH 11/18 to 11/25

Started building JV Models HO scale "Watson's Siding" yesterday. It is a complex of deserted building which I am doing as individual buildings for a client. Left to do it the sway backed boxcar freight station and some small sheds.
  18. M

Weekly Photo Fun 10-1/10-7

Some shots of a block of houses that I just completed for the Galveston club. These are in HO scale. White house on the left is a BTS kit, next is a Laserart kit, followed by a scratch built house, then another Laserart kit. All of the kits were modified and details added.
  19. M

Weekly Photo Fun 8-20/8-26

Also delivered yesterday was the HO scale Butterfly Mill near the Ophir loop on the RGS. Detailing also still has to be done on this piece with the client putting in his own rock castings before it is weathered.
  20. M

Weekly Photo Fun 8-20/8-26

Some shots of the Cranberry Iron Works. Yesterday i dropped off the blast furnace tower and its cast house. These are the unweathered black pieces close to the isle. They still have more work to be done to them which involves all the piping connections to the furnace, all of which have to be...

Back