Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it will change bridge construction. The ship was said to weight 100K tons. That's about 10 freight trains, each 100 cars long. You could crash that into a building and it would demolish it. Even a concrete arch bridge would be no match for it.

What I think may change is that they will construct much larger barricades around the piers to divert ships. That's not easy in deep water but it may be the answer.

Back in 1985 when the original Sunshine Skyway bridge came down and the new construction was in place that added the bunkers surrounding the piers aka dolphins to protect the piers etc.

1711562096967.png

As long as we know your trying I for one won’t be walking and frankly dont see many others doing it either because it’s a great group
I'd like to ask everyone to be patient before you run off to some other forum. We've been working on this problem and I think they finally found some of the issues. Updating PHP seems to have reduced the server load. The slowness you saw this morning was while we were updating that and a few other back end items. It's hard to do that on a live server, that's for sure.

If the problems can't be resolved, I may well end up migrating to a new server. However, I think the current one should continue to work, if we can find the bugs.

I WILL make it work. Whatever that takes. Upgrading on Bluehost, moving to a different host, or just figuring out what's wrong on this one. Not sure yet, but I will continue to keep working on it until it's working smoothly again.

Louis - Glad that you weren't on the road at the bridge collapse time. Will it affect your deliveries in any way?
Thank you, we were glad too!

Traffic at the tunnels was much slower than normal yesterday morning, in both directions. The Beltway around the city was slower than usual too. We went home after one block as we were already north of the tunnels.

We are on the road by 2:30am headed south and through the Fort McHenry Tunnel minutes later, no traffic then.

If they send us north of the city it could be an issue, but this morning we went south and were able to return for a second block. For some reason traffic going south through the tunnels was even worse than going north today. I'll go home rather than battle traffic going back.

We went around the city and made deliveries northeast of the city for a second block today. It took maybe 10-15 minutes longer than usual to go around the city.

We seldom used the Key Bridge, two or three times a month. We live only minutes from the north side of either tunnel.

Thanks again for your concern!

Guy- Is it safe ice fishing at 50F?
Curt - I drilled through 3' of ice today.
I never drive on the lake, but, others do all the time:
Ice_03-27-2024 (1).JPG

Even though it made it to 51F on land, the wind cuts right through a person on the ice. So we wear long underwear and parkas.
My wife on ice:
Ice_03-27-2024 (2).JPG

I need to tie a toboggan to the dog, so she won't run into the forest and hunt. Wife is looking for fish.
Ice_03-27-2024 (3).JPG
I caught a nice trout early, but released it for bigger game. After that, as fishing goes, we didn't catch anything else for the rest of the day.:(

Have a great afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back