Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok on a side note, I was on another forum….coughs…splutters….and a grandad who never has done this hobby wants to set up something to play with his grandson..wiggles eyebrows
so
airfix, Warcraft, dinosaurs, tc themed corgi cars, and breaking rules
O H. Y E A H dances. Twirls laughs like a loon…..oh Troy would this guy love you!
Awww only 10 filed :p

Attachments

• IMG_8575.jpeg
    IMG_8575.jpeg
    411.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0758.jpeg
    IMG_0758.jpeg
    381.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0753.jpeg
    IMG_0753.jpeg
    451 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2541.jpeg
    IMG_2541.jpeg
    326.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0239.jpeg
    IMG_0239.jpeg
    369.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0131.jpeg
    IMG_0131.jpeg
    491 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7990.jpeg
    IMG_7990.jpeg
    578.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8593.jpeg
    IMG_8593.jpeg
    516 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6586.jpeg
    IMG_6586.jpeg
    464.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1786.jpeg
    IMG_1786.jpeg
    451.3 KB · Views: 17
Good evening all. A cup of Darjeeling, no milk please, Flo.
A pleasant surprise today. Our daughter arrived. Some weeks can go by and we do not see her as she lives some distance away. The past week or so she seems to be here. A lovely surprise.

I have been going through some old railway photographs.

One I like.

Clarence Dock Goods Yard After the Rainfall

Clarence Dock Yard.JPG

Good evening all. A cup of Darjeeling, no milk please, Flo.
A pleasant surprise today. Our daughter arrived. Some weeks can go by and we do not see her as she lives some distance away. The past week or so she seems to be here. A lovely surprise.

I have been going through some old railway photographs.

One I like.

Clarence Dock Goods Yard After the Rainfall

View attachment 183155
I put like, then I thought …I have seen sone superb shots of this close up, so actually it should be love, but just changing the icon ignores your efforts.l.although if I did not know the layout and saw just this? I probably would have given it a love. So showing a brilliant picture when you have others that are better has downgraded your efforts lol.
No no I love it…..smirks…l

I put like, then I thought …I have seen sone superb shots of this close up, so actually it should be love, but just changing the icon ignores your efforts.l.although if I did not know the layout and saw just this? I probably would have given it a love. So showing a brilliant picture when you have others that are better has downgraded your efforts lol.
No no I love it…..smirks…l

Not too many years ago we had a hole in the roof and it rained 1-1 water on Clarence Dock and Yard. The idea of 'After the Rainfall' was born. Hence the scene.

No more 1-1 rainfall now though. A new roof being the answer.

Still have puddles though & patches of wet ground.

IMG_2844.JPG

Afternoon All,

Started out the day doing animal chores before taking the 2 skunks to their forever homes. When we left town gas was $3.18 on return about 3 hours later it was $3.48 everywhere. :mad: :mad: :mad: Nothing to see, no price fixing here. We made a stop at ALDI and I walked next door to Harbor Freight for 9v batteries. After getting home son surprised me by changing the batteries in our 7 smoke detectors by himself. :) If I do it, I need a step stool and he doesn't.

Smudge- Cool videos and layout.

Mike- Yikes! Interesting video, just like HO scale.

Bill- Nice photo.

Troy- I hope your back feels better.

Patrick- Sometimes it's hard to turn off the brain at night.

Willie- Great photos. I was lucky enough to meet Garry twice while he was vacationing in Orlando. He was a soft-spoken true gentleman. I named my coal yard after him.

Grizzled- Stay strong.

Jaz- Nice modeling.

David- Nice layout shot and scene lighting.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Last edited:
Good Morning All. Clear and 54°, with a cold front beginning to move in. It will only be in the lower 70's today after several days of 80's. Still have rain in the forecast for Thursday and Friday; and then only into the 60's for the weekend. I've already got my dry firewood inside next to the stove.

Beautiful day yesterday and I spent a lot of time outside enjoying the sunshine and doing various tasks in the yard. I started to clean up and straighten out the firewood storage area, gathering up broken off pieces of bark and random wood chips; re-stacking kindling that had gone astray and generally readying the area for mowing without obstacles. Today I will consolidate all of the dried, aged wood into one stack so I have all of the remaining area for green wood to cure. I later mowed about an acre with the mower deck on the lowest possible setting, thus flattening out anthills and crawdad chimneys in more remote areas. I also sat back and watched the garden growing for a short while. Still haven't attacked the tree pile yet, but everything is ready.

Not a lot of visible work was done out in the train shed yesterday. I added about 40 headstones to the cemetery and made and painted some more over at the workbench. It just doesn't seem like I'm making much progress there. There's a lot more headstones needed than I expected. Since I had the paint out, I put finishing touches on some figures that just needed a few dabs here and there. I am looking at the major project list to see which one I will tackle after the cemetery.
Seems like everyone liked the review of some of Garry's pictures yesterday. Here's one of the man himself that he posted in 2022.
View attachment 183114
And here's a few more from my "inspiration" folder
View attachment 183115
View attachment 183116
View attachment 183117View attachment 183118
View attachment 183119

Louis - You're not really an oddball for liking your "roundy-round" layout. Both of my brothers have continuous run layouts. One has a Lionel layout where he can run 7 trains at once on various interlocking loops, while the other has 2 loops of HO and an automated street trolley. However he is starting to cut in some industries for switching after seeing what I do.
Bill - I like the station in Plymouth. It's too bad that the graffiti vandals have defaced it.
Patrick - The grain elevator that I posted is not the only one in that town, there's another equally impressive there. They are the two largest ones in Texas, although neither is as big as the one that you posted the video of. They're both on the BNSF main line a couple of miles south of the Alliance Yard, and upwards of 50 trains a day pass by. I railfan north of there nearer to my house, and currently there's only 36-40 trains a day there.
Cheri - Nice looking pair of doggies.
Alan - Thanks for the info.
Mike - You posted about the modern day unit trains. Unfortunately that has made modern day railfanning rather boring for me. Since Alliance Yard with it's giant intermodal facility is just south of where I observe, nearly half of all trains are container trains. Another large group are unit grain trains headed for the ports on the Gulf, or empties headed back to the Midwest.

Get out and vote today if your state is part of the Super Tuesday marathon. Vote as often as you can!o_O
Everyone have a great day today.
As a Q lover, I really loved the twin E7's pulling the Empire Builder from Chicago to the Twin Cities. Never rode that one, but did ride the shovelnose Zephyrs as a kid.

You left out the extra side of bacon for TROY and myself!
Done and done!!

Good morning All!!!
Loved that shiny NYC F unit Bill!!!
Flo, could I please get the number 5 special?
Says it's the "Big Eddie" and comes with 5 pancakes, 5 scrambled eggs, 5 mix and match breakfast meats, plus 5 ounces of home fries.
Oh! I see there's 5 slices of toast too. Please make those rye with butter.
And coffee too!
Yes. Large with double cream and sugar.

EDIT:

Flo, could you please toss a side of bacon each for Sherrel and Troy?
Yup. They've been good.
I can vouch for that. :)

Afternoon Ladies and Gents. Sun is back out after a passing thunderstorm. Will get muggier now with the little rain that fell.
In the train room a few projects were worked on. I have been wanting to add a few tracks to the turntable, mostly for storage. So I got those added and when I feel spry enough to get under the table to wire them up. I also made an attempt at AI backdrops. I need to work on that a little more, but here's what I got so far.
1709678842714.png

STAY SAFE
LATER

Afternoon Ladies and Gents. Sun is back out after a passing thunderstorm. Will get muggier now with the little rain that fell.
In the train room a few projects were worked on. I have been wanting to add a few tracks to the turntable, mostly for storage. So I got those added and when I feel spry enough to get under the table to wire them up. I also made an attempt at AI backdrops. I need to work on that a little more, but here's what I got so far.

STAY SAFE
LATER
Hughie- Nice work on the backdrops!

What did you print them at home, and what is the material you printed them on?

Well done?
Good morning All!!!
Loved that shiny NYC F unit Bill!!!
Flo, could I please get the number 5 special?
Says it's the "Big Eddie" and comes with 5 pancakes, 5 scrambled eggs, 5 mix and match breakfast meats, plus 5 ounces of home fries.
Oh! I see there's 5 slices of toast too. Please make those rye with butter.
And coffee too!
Yes. Large with double cream and sugar.

EDIT:

Flo, could you please toss a side of bacon each for Sherrel and Troy?
Yup. They've been good.
I can vouch for that. :)

Sherrel asked for bacon to be included in my order, for him and Troy.
I went back and adjusted it.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back