Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mornin' folks. It's cool this morning but not cool enough for a jacket imo, we're expecting rain tonight possibly around midnight.

I pulled out a SW1000 and SW1500 I had packed away, lubed them up a bit and ran them on a stretch of track. They hummed right along.

Hmm, this coffee taste funny.

Boris the other day you talked about the banks not printing up documents needed by the lawyers.
Because the stock part of the Wells Fargo is located in NC I had to electronically download and print up about 300 pages of stock transactions, from the last 5 years. It took about 3 hours and a ream and one half of paper. Why they need every single stock transaction for the last 5 years is puzzling to me,
Swal

Good morning, everyone!

Happy Groundhog Day!

1706892445988.png

If you check the mailcall thread, you'll see my new arrival. Here's the vid from Larry Puckett detailing what exactly it is.

I decided to invest in it, get the power boost, wireless, and programming track capability, along with short protection all in one unit.

Afternoon All,

Started out the day without a walk since I slept so poorly last night. Just couldn't get comfortable. My buddy Jon called me saying the flat car painting and decaling was done. I go up next Wednesday to pick them up. No train room time today, as I just don't have the energy. Earlier I drove Dad to his VA appointment.

Joe- A skybridge over the tracks will be a cool feature.

Troy- You need to get out more! :D Honestly though your imagination serves you well as an author I suspect.

Bill- Neat photo.

David- Of course we support our wives with their idiosyncrasies. It makes being married much easier.

Mike- They're as good as our local meteorologists!

I hope everyone has a good night.

Well, howdy there internet peeps, and those watching for shadows today

It's troy again

In the darkest of times, when the world is bleak and barren, the land itself cries out for a hero. When there are are icy daggers at every turn, shadows lurking, only one rodent will answer the call.

Philapux steps forth, spear ablaze with righteous flame, ready to face the land's grimmest foe. Will you stand with him?
View attachment 180577
You accompany your furry leader into the icy crags of the winter's valley, unsure of the foe you'll face.

Philapux assures you that few of the party will survive. The foe is only beaten for a few seasons at best.

Twisting your hand around your spear, your steps hesitate, but your furry leader strides on. If he fears the ordeal ahead he won't show it. That would be weakness at a time when stout hearts and steady nerve are needed most.

You round the bend, squeezing through the tight icy passage, and step out in the glare of the winter sun glinting off the crystalline blue ice. Your heart races, and the icy cold of certain dread clutch your heart and belly.

Fighting the urge to flee in the face of the monster, the best you can muster is a will to not turn and run.

"Come on, lads," Philpux snarls. "That fat lizard is all that stands between us and spring."

View attachment 180579
Troy, you can concoct a delightful story from nothing. A little short maybe, we went straight to level twenty.

Now I have a whole new perspective on Ground Hog Day and Punxsutawney Phil.

Boris the other day you talked about the banks not printing up documents needed by the lawyers.
Because the stock part of the Wells Fargo is located in NC I had to electronically download and print up about 300 pages of stock transactions, from the last 5 years. It took about 3 hours and a ream and one half of paper. Why they need every single stock transaction for the last 5 years is puzzling to me,
Swal
George: Short answer, I don't know why. I also don't know why the institutions treat their "retail and employer" clients so difficultly, when these requests are so common. Government, for some reason, assumes you and your wife are trying to cheat the government or get a benefit, that you really are not entitled to...they insist on all sorts of documentation, every transaction, every receipt for medicine co pays,then asks for it again to compare the two sets of documents... You have to prove yourself... That's not an exaggeration. When we were having so much difficulty, we contacted our Congressman's office. The aide's response was that the caseworkers mandate to be thorough...

WOW! been a day, didn't wake up till past 12 pm, postal items that should have arrived by last weekend still haven't.
I was looking at buying ScaleTrains new SD40 with sound due out later in the year and got an email today to say it will cost me £405 or $512 :eek: with shipping and taxes etc. (it's $299 in the US) and now my oven has just died halfway through cooking my dinner.

On the bright side, the interiors for the passenger cars from Gold Rush Bay are on the move in that the shipping label has been printed

Think I'll go back to bed now.

Gas prices are up. A week or so ago walmart was $2.28. Yesterday it was $2.45. The same time Walmart was $2.28 the local Maverik, less than a mile and a half up the road had dipped to $2.42 for a day or two but jumped back up to $2.59 and now they are $2.79, stopping at $2.69 for a day on the way there.

It's rainy and about 40F. yesterday was 55F and partially sunny. The geothermal drillers moved their rig from the front of the house yesterday to the back, yesterday. I'm headed up there shortly to see if they started. They also dropped off earlier tis week a bunch of "grout" and hose/piping.

I'm going to try and figure out how to use my nephew-in-laws Graco airless sprayer and start priming the walls. Wish me luck

Last edited:
The day is done, and the battle is won.

Together with the furry hero, you stand fast, spears levelled at the winter dragon. The wail of bagpipes a counterpoint to the reptilian ice beast's roar, you charge into battle.

Many wounds later, you pick yourself up and begin to help your comrades. Some with broken bones, other still unconscious from the beast's powerful icy breath-weapon.

Philapux stands atop the peak, staring down into the valley below. All you you finally drove the exhausted and battered creature over the lip, where it plummeted into the mists below.

Puxfil-4.jpg

"He will return," Philapux said turning back toward you and your compatriots. "Winter always returns."

the furred one brings you back to a tavern at the edge of the winter wasteland. the sun, finally out from the grey clouds begins it's fiery sunset. The red of the evening reminding you of the blood you and your compatriots spilled to defeat the beast.

Tis a meager feast, the tavern keeper says and sets a plate in front of you.
Calzone.jpg

You dig into the fare, letting it warm your belly.

"You do this every year?" one of the warriors asks the rodent.

"Every bloody year," the hero says, pulling open the door into the night. "I'll count on your help next year."

Last edited:
Good evening. 40°, and still cloudy. Clearing, after midnight, low 29°. The good news is the extended forecast calls for sunny skies each day, from tomorrow through next Thursday, with highs ranging from 39° to 43°.

Spent the afternoon in the train room, Doing Reading railroad stuff. After all customers were served, I ran the track cleaning car back and forth a few times. Tomorrow, I plan on doing more track cleaning, and perhaps some work on the wiring. If we do get a sunny day, I might open up a few windows and let the fresh air in.

We learn more about our new I-5 Roomba. Surprising how much cat fuzz it picked up the first day.

Made the trip to the Pharmacy. My generic meds are free. The Brand name Lung Medicine costs me $40 / month co pay. The wife's Rinvoq, well, the last one in late December cost $340.69 / month. This one, the first of the new year, $ 1921.84 / month. Pending confirmation, we believe this to be a $600.00 increase over last year. Manufacturer Abbe is one of the top performing Bio-gens on Wall Street. Wife's Rheumatologist switched her to this a little over 3 years ago, the co-payment was 1000.00. (These are Medicare part D prices, after annual "pre approval" because they are a category 5 drug).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back