Running Bear's October 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I understand she is the reason Bill Ward did not play on the album "13
I am no fan of hers. Could possibly be her fault since she was the band's manager and drew up the contracts for the album. My understanding is that the contract for the album "13" included completing a lengthy tour to support it. Ozzie and Tony have both stated in interviews that Bill was in poor health and too overweight to do the tour. Bill only states "unresolved contract". He had been drug and alcohol-free for 30 years by then, so that wasn't the issue. This is my recollection from several interviews in 2013-2015 in Rolling Stone.

I am no fan of hers. Could possibly be her fault since she was the band's manager and drew up the contracts for the album. My understanding is that the contract for the album "13" included completing a lengthy tour to support it. Ozzie and Tony have both stated in interviews that Bill was in poor health and too overweight to do the tour. Bill only states "unresolved contract". He had been drug and alcohol-free for 30 years by then, so that wasn't the issue. This is my recollection from several interviews in 2013-2015 in Rolling Stone.
Thank you, Willie,

I think Bill should have been on the "13" album; anybody could fill in on the tour. He earned that much respect and an equal share, but no... Sharron is greedy! Ozzy even said 13 was not a Black Sabbath album without Bill.

I read Bill doesn't want to tour anymore because of alcohol. Too much temptation on the road. If I'm not mistaken, he quit the road to get clean. I think his last tour with Sabbath was the "Heaven and Hell" tour.

I guess I should be grateful for Sharron. She was instrumental in convincing the record company to sign Randy Rhodes. I believe that young man revived Ozzy.

For those of you wanting or owning an EV, here's news to make you think about it:
This verifies the trend, I mentioned last summer when I noted the uptick in EV fires and extension into adjacent residences. Granted, flooding especially involving brackish water accelerated this phenomenon, but it also screams that we have a real problem here...

I have nothing against EVs, I need to breathe too. But I see a problem that should be addressed before it becomes overwhelming, especially since EVs are a potential solution to numerous energy and environmental issues.

Troy- Congrats on being clear and enjoy your burrito. How did your friend and family make out staying in FL after the conference?
It was friends from the conference who stayed. I scrammed on Sunday.

Friend and her family (fam flew in on Sunday) stay until Tues in Tampa, then drove to West Palm on the other side of the state. They missed the storm surge and Cat 3or 4 winds, but caught the weakened end. They were able to fly home on Saturday.

As for me tonight, looks like I'm a bit behind on my reading magazines. I'm trying to see how many I can get through this evening

7 issues.jpg

Toot - Not a single locomotive shown in the video!! That means they were actually riding a lawn tractor.
Yes, that was a bit disappointing and there appeared to be quite a few branch lines too. I would say the tracks had come from some of the abandoned 24" guage sugar cane railways that used to line the Queensland coast at one time. There are still some left close to the City of Bundaberg, where they produce Rum. One of the towns north of me, Nambour, had an operating refinery until December 2003.

Whiskey is poured. It's 1867, a Canadian blend. So, should that be "whisky"? I can't keep track of who get the extra e in the spirit.

Did burgers on the grill, and submitted my name and bio for a seat on the Historical Miniatures Gaming Society regional (Great Lakes Region) board. There's a vacancy, and I was asked to toss in. We'll see how that goes. Doesn't matter in the least if I get it or not. Either way, I still get to play games and paint minis.

As for westerns. I chatted with the publisher and acquisitions editor of Wolfpack Publishing. I asked what the rules of westerns were.

Simple. Know your guns and horses.
Don't kill the dog
Don't kill the horse
I understand John Wayne used the same big red for loads of films but….horror…..he was not a horse fan….….…..killing the dog often bought retribution Armageddon style, and the odd horse got shot or died of thirst as the rider raced towards a showdown,rarely showed them walking the horses or sharing water,never saw they sunshade the 🐎 horse, and I do not think i can think of a western where the horse was all lathered up mock foam being easy, not that I ever want to see a lathered horse,once was too much,I was riding a horse down a narrow lane when a large red lorry appeared, Reo my ride had once been hit bey a red car and was nervous and would often shy, he was so scared that he would not turn around both sides had fencing and I saw some barbed wire but still not with the risk of jumping and a dyke was also on one side I kept putting my hand up for the lorry to stop it was a foreign vehicle I was shouting at him to stop so we could back up enough and me turn Reo but he kept following I checked later over a mile Reo backed up breathing heavy slowly building up a white lather on his chest and neck bad enough it started to seep down his legs, when we got out to the main road the bastxxx just pushed through and drove off and honked! I walked the poor horse horse back to the stables where he was a livery they came out shocked when I explained what happened he was given water,offered food, i sponged him down, I pointed out his eyes had been wide open,and for a week he was not taken off site only used inside then one of the senior riders took him out I went on another horse as horse as a buffer to check he would be okay back on the road, and yep we had a couple of red cars but just his usually feint left (our side of the road) away from the traffic, later they reported a red lorry had no bigger reaction than normal thank god, but it is a wonder he did not have a heart attack, they agreed there was little I could do and had bought him home well inside the w hours I had hired him for, and that walking him had been the best action,he did not buck bulk bite or do anything horrible but he would not turn his back on the lorry and the bastxxx was only a couple of feet at times from Reos face, if there had been two of us I would have got off and punched the driver how it was not obvious he was scaring the horse or maybe he got off on it. Worst experience ever,worse than jumping out in front of a green double decker bus when chasing a scared pony that run out across the road with two of us in hot persuit the bus screeched but we just kept after the dam pony which we caught,kudos to the young rider who stayed on board and did not want a lift off when we cornered the devil, not the first time it had bolted and the school soof him with a cautionary over his history to a regular, they used blinkers and as far as I know that improved him no end. I love horses but I have done my best to exit the saddle in every direction you can inc underneath - never ever trust someone who says they did up the girth!

I understand John Wayne used the same big red for loads of films but….horror…..he was not a horse fan….….…..killing the dog often bought retribution Armageddon style, and the odd horse got shot or died of thirst as the rider raced towards a showdown,rarely showed them walking the horses or sharing water,never saw they sunshade the 🐎 horse, and I do not think i can think of a western where the horse was all lathered up mock foam being easy, not that I ever want to see a lathered horse,once was too much,

I was riding a horse down a narrow lane when a large red lorry appeared, Reo my ride had once been hit bey a red car and was nervous and would often shy, he was so scared that he would not turn around both sides had fencing and I saw some barbed wire but still not with the risk of jumping and a dyke was also on one side I kept putting my hand up for the lorry to stop it was a foreign vehicle

I was shouting at him to stop so we could back up enough and me turn Reo but he kept following I checked later over a mile Reo backed up breathing heavy slowly building up a white lather on his chest and neck bad enough it started to seep down his legs,

when we got out to the main road the bastxxx just pushed through and drove off and honked! I walked the poor horse horse back to the stables where he was a livery they came out shocked when I explained what happened he was given water,offered food, i sponged him down, I pointed out his eyes had been wide open,and for a week he was not taken off site only used inside then one of the senior riders took him out I went on another horse as horse as a buffer to check he would be okay back on the road, and yep we had a couple of red cars but just his usually feint left (our side of the road) away from the traffic,

later they reported a red lorry had no bigger reaction than normal thank god, but it is a wonder he did not have a heart attack, they agreed there was little I could do and had bought him home well inside the w hours I had hired him for, and that walking him had been the best action,he did not buck bulk bite or do anything horrible but he would not turn his back on the lorry and the bastxxx was only a couple of feet at times from Reos face, if there had been two of us I would have got off and punched the driver how it was not obvious he was scaring the horse or maybe he got off on it.

Worst experience ever,worse than jumping out in front of a green double decker bus when chasing a scared pony that run out across the road with two of us in hot persuit the bus screeched but we just kept after the dam pony which we caught,kudos to the young rider who stayed on board and did not want a lift off when we cornered the devil, not the first time it had bolted and the school soof him with a cautionary over his history to a regular, they used blinkers and as far as I know that improved him no end. I love horses but I have done my best to exit the saddle in every direction you can inc underneath - never ever trust someone who says they did up the girth!
That's an interesting story. I quoted and put paragraph breaks in to make it easier on my eyes to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back