Recent content by WilliamQ

1. W

N scale "bridge" material

My layout has a long curve, inside a tunnel, running 2" higher than a double track curve. The outside of everything (i.e. the back of the mountain) is open, so I have access in case of derailments, but vertical clearance is limited. Wondering what people are using these days for support material...
  2. W

peco single slip power

I'm not sure if the plastic frog insulators mean it's not electrofrog, in the case of a slip, because the frog polarity needs to change based on the action of both throws, not just one. The package says it's a Peco SL-380F, "N Universal Fine Electrofrog". I think they insulate the frogs because...
  3. W

peco single slip power

Sorry, I should have been more clear. There are no reversing loops in our track plan (which is from Mike @ http://www.cke1st.com). I'm attaching a diagram. It's a folded-over dogbone, more or less. I realized that you replace the left crossover with a single-slip, you can have two independent...
  4. W

peco single slip power

Hello all, my son convinced me to pull the boxes of trains out of the attic and we are setting up an N-scale hollow door layout. I have a Peco single slip from 22 years ago that I would like to use to create two separate loops. I understand that Peco Electrofrog turnouts require power from the...

Back