Recent content by will Parker

1. W

Trying to get started (HO scale)

I know 16in is tight and I'm planning a run of plexiglass to protect the edges. 90% of the time I'll be in the shed myself. Knowing I dont have much room I plan on keeping my train lengths down 5ft or less. All the intermodal units will go from the intermodal yard to the exchange track...
  2. W

Ho scale Oh yes most definitely freelance Total size. 19x11 Because of limited space I plan on running mostly 50ft and shorter through the yards and most the sidings. I am planning on a intermodal yard small one planning on about 15ft long and about 2ft wide. I already have the Blue Dimond...
  3. W

Back again I dont know if I need to move this to another topic or what but if yall dont mind I'd like to keep this running as long as possible I need ALL THE HELP I can get. Tore out all my old stuff and replaced with the new layout base. I really wished I could have done some curves along...
  4. W

Have you seen the price of plywood
  5. W

That's the 2 I was thinking of and then I was looking at some models in a KitBasher series to use for office and repair shop. Tell the truth I'll probably go a lot over board with the road company since I work for a fairly large company in Florida. Now another question I went into my local big...
  6. W

I was already thinking of a road construction company with it's own asphalt plant and concrete. To go towards the end of the other leg
  7. W

I came up with a similar idea more straight lines. From the start I was long term planning a second level coping the first level and a lower long term storage yard with a helix built outside the shed. All this as I get better at the hobby. Your thoughts on placements. I was going to give one...
  8. W

Anybody have pics of a ho scale double track lifting bridge that will span say 2.5 ft. Just thinking of an idea
  9. W

I'm my original benchwork I did as your drawing showed I had a 4X4 angling down to 3ft but after a few days of considering good advice I'm going with a different approach. 2ft wrap around with a middle section coming from the back.
  10. W

The door is about 6ft wide centered on the center of the 12ft side
  11. W

I'm open to any ideas if you have any, it's just I didnt think there were many options with a shed of that size
  12. W

Im using a 12ft X 20 ft shed to house my layout. I wasnt planning on having much if any track past the 3ft mark going back. I wanted the extra room for background mainly and to give me at least a 22in radius curve ant the end
  13. W

Been busy with work. The reason for 4ft wide is two fold, at the ends I can get a 22in radius curve and in between I have extra room for scenery. Been looking at more stub end yards and toying around with an idea or 2. Also took a really long look at the different tracks possible and it looks...
  14. W

Im still real new to the hobby really loved it as a kid and that ive gotten older ive decided to get back into it and here is where the trouble begins Im getting to my wits ends whit trying to figure out a yard for my layout . I know what i want in my head but when i put it down on paper or...

Back