Recent content by uspscsx

1. U

To the UN-"PC" Crowd-Merry Christmas...

Eric! IMHO, Trans-Siberian Orchestra is the only way to enjoy rock music and Christmas at the same time. In fact, I've got them going on WMP right now... Matt
  2. U

Comment by 'uspscsx' in media 'The Warbonnet lives!'

Good job, Kevin! You need to get a BNSF unit for yourself! And a CSX unit. I see those on NS freights every day. Matt
  3. U

My "Leaser" project

Kevin! Hey, that's fine with me! Do you plan on weathering this? Check out this thread over on MTW. Matt
  4. U

My "Leaser" project

Kevin! I was wondering where you'd gotten to. Are you using a prototype for this? I looked for a photo of your number or one close to it, and couldn't find one. The lowest-numbered NREX SD50 I found was in the 5060 series. :rolleyes: :) Sorry, I just have a critical eye for prototypical...
  5. U

? about correct detail parts for Conrail Dash 8

I e-mailed Wes Reminder about this a while back. He uses PL-155. To me, it looks like that would be correct. Matt
  6. U

Regular Athearn VS. Athearn Genisis

Are you referring to Athearn's Blue-Box "kits" or Athearn's RTR line? There's a big difference in Athearn BB and Athearn RTR, and a HUGE difference in Athearn BB and Athearn Genesis. There is a difference in new Athearn Genesis and Athearn RTR. There's not as big a difference in Genesis's...
  7. U

Weathering UP's ratty looking locos

Josh, that was MrKluke that did the Chessie hopper, not Mellow-Mike. Matt
  8. U

Remember me?

Dave! Ooooooh. It sounds like I mean "So, what about Vandy?:mad:" Actually, my intent was "Yeah, Vandy's tough." Diarrhea of the mouth.:rolleyes: Matt
  9. U

Remember me?

Yeah, whattabout Vandy? 0-2, but, c'mon...Bama 13-10 and Michigan barely sneaking by them for three quarters...usually they're good...or they're bad...mainly they're bad. Okay, enough sports talk on a train forum. Matt
  10. U

Remember me?

Ahh, I'm glad someone broke the ice on sports... Florida @ Tennessee...6 days!!! What I'd give to be in Knoxville for that game. Oh well, CBS isn't that bad... Uhh, on topic...that's a nice plan there, Dave. Matt :D
  11. U

Generic Weathering

http://rr-fallenflags.org/sout/sou91779asb.jpg
  12. U

Proto-weathered thread (again)

Josh and all: I've some to my Photobucket: http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a246/csxwatcher/ (Read-only password: CSXT) ...and some to my RRPictureArchives site: http://csxwatcher.rrpicturearchives.net/ Truth is, I have many more. It takes me forever to upload photos, even with cable...
  13. U

Minor weathering test

Agreed. I was not in any way downplaying your idea, just adding to it.
  14. U

Minor weathering test

*Resurrection of an old post.* Regarding weathered trucks: That works, but there are great variations in color on trucks. I start with a grimy black base, or flat black from a spray can. Next, I hit it with various "pastes" of AIM powder & various liquids, such as hairspray, water, and rubbing...

Back