Recent content by troyphoto

1. troyphoto

Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Well, howdy there internet peeps and those who don't have to bleach their hair to be grey! (Me! I'm in that club and have been for about 15 years) It's Troy again. Happy to still have hair. Please Pardon a rant. I need to vent, and it's safer here, than to deliver it to the cause of the rant...
  2. troyphoto

About the only other issue that my cause tinnitus with my hearing would be related to my stress, and sugar consumption. I did put on about 10 pounds this winter. Too many donuts, cookies, and cocktails. My bloodsugars have been good in the past, but I can see a potential shift based on the last...
  3. troyphoto

Well, howdy there internet peoples It's Troy again Sleep last night wasn't bad, despite the tinnitis. New pillow speaker helped: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C746Z8WZ I use two pillows. A thick memory foam one on the bottom, and a thin poly-filled one atop that. Normally I'm a side sleeper...
  4. troyphoto

The frequency of the "static" My tinnitus is in the 4000 hz range, so I'm Pink to White depending on the app. Or "Bright" according to the one I'm using now on my iPhone. Brown is a lot lower. Mythbusters did an episode early on searching for the elusive "Brown Note" that could cause bowel...
  5. troyphoto

Sleep was not as good as before, now that I've recovered from doing the flooring. Had to get the headband speakers out again. I'd wake about every 2 hours, readjust them to get the speakers back over the ears. The bedside white noise generator only works for the exposed ear. The one down on...
  6. troyphoto

Willie: it's 25db not percent if I understand the graph correctly. Up to a 20db difference from ear to ear is acceptable. David: N-scale (1:160) for RR. For game miniatures, it's usually 1:56
  7. troyphoto

Well, howdy there internet peeps, and those with paper cuts.... It's Troy again. Still working on reconstructing master files for my books. My new way to make it fun is use pull quotes to create graphics cards to share on social media (marketing, you know...) this is the first one that...
  8. troyphoto

First in! Start the Coffee FLO
  9. troyphoto

Well, howdy there internet peeps. Back from the audiologist. New hearing aids to be picked up Friday. Referral to the ENT doc confirmed. One ear has greater than a 25 db diff in some ranges than the other ear. That's a "you need to get checked out" Good thing I secured that 8 week out...
  10. troyphoto

Expanding the "Jurassic Park in France"?
  11. troyphoto

Let me clarify. I'll have two tunnel openings. The elevations are different for each line. But, do I cut one BIG hole in the backdrop encompassing both tunnel portals? Then scenic it up into two tunnel openings once I know the lines are permanent? Or do I cut two holes, and risk needing to cut...
  12. troyphoto

Well, howdy there internet peeps and those who were sucked into an alternate dimension and avoided posting yesterday afternoon and evening. Hope you were running trains in that dimension. It's Troy again. TODAY is hearing test day. Hopefully going to order new hearing aids. That begins at...
  13. troyphoto

My day so far. Technically, I made a small grocery run. Meijer is giving out a reusable shopping bag to every guest today for Earth Day. I used a different one when I went into Target as the next stop. Then I got a car wash, and filled up the tank after our run to Indy on Saturday. Still...
  14. troyphoto

Shepherd's Pie, but with beef instead of lamb. and i use corn instead of peas. Wife likes peas. I prefer not.
  15. troyphoto

Yep... but daughter didn't purchase any. So now it's time to find a close match.

Back