Recent content by thegrindre

1. thegrindre

The 8 ton 0-4-0 T Porter

Hi Guys, I'm the virtual model builder around here and was wanting to know where I can get my hands on a set of plans or drawings of this little locomotive. Didn't the Gazette do an article on this loco awhile back? I've searched the net but was unable to find anything suitable to go on. Many...
  2. thegrindre

Everyone post a picture of your best Weathering!!

Do 3D virtual models count? :-)
  3. thegrindre

post your model RR tips........

Montanan, I did the same thing with 2x4's that were hinged rather then screwed firm on my wall mounted layout. The hinges were a lot easier to work with out front. I then just folded the legs back at about a 45 until they hit the floor molding. Worked great! No legs to trip over. :-)
  4. thegrindre

Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

It's really not all that bad. ebay does all the bidding for you. All you do is place one bid, your top bid and ebay will do everything else. If, for instance, it's a 3 day auction, just check back in 3 days to see if you won it. It's like eatin' lettuce... there's nothin' to it, anymore. That...
  5. thegrindre

Ah, yes, I used to own one of those. Great little model! Although it had to be re-motered with a NWSL Can Motering kit. Probably not available anymore. :-)
  6. thegrindre

THAT is a great looking model and a great price for brass. You'd be crazy not to invest in that one, guys. I motoreized a Keystone two truck two cylinder Shay back in the 80's. Don't know if Keystone is still around though. I bought most all my model stuff from them. They had a ton of logging...
  7. thegrindre

Very interesting, HOexplorer. I lost everything I own a little over 5 years ago to a fire. At age 60, I thought it best to convert to virtual railroading because I didn't think I would live another 40 years to try to collect and rebuild everything I had lost over the past 40 years. I'm not...
  8. thegrindre

Does anyone else really dislike Video Tutorials?

A little follow up on my part. I like the visual aspect. A lot of times a lengthy worded description just can't explain something as well as a visual can. Also, there are a number of things to see that aren't otherwise described in a worded tutorial. Someone once said, "A picture is worth a...
  9. thegrindre

WANTED: Information on a combine car

Thought I start working on the trucks for a little change up. Also loaded it into the simulator to look for any operational errors or modeling bloopers I may have made. It's coming along nicely, IMO. :-) :-)
  10. thegrindre

Does anyone else really dislike Video Tutorials?

I find then to be very helpful, if you can weed thru all the c r a p that goes with 'em. :-)
  11. thegrindre

I've re-sized my freight wheels and set 'em where they're supposed to be. I now need to build passenger frames around them. It's riding on my diamond archbar trucks right now.
  12. thegrindre

It's rolling right along, now. :-)
  13. thegrindre

Another Washington state modeler

Hi Steve. I'm a narrow gauge logging fanatic and have been for 40 years. Unfortunately, I lost everything I own in a fire a few years ago and do all my railroading virtually, now. My web site holds some of my virtual models. http://allricksstuff.com/ :-)
  14. thegrindre

Another new guy in the round house

Hi Paul! :-) Thanks, .
  15. thegrindre

Woodland Scenics Tidy Track

Back in the old days... I'm old... I kit-bashed a track cleaning car. It had a pad under it with a gravity fed liquid tube running to it. I just used to push that thing around a few times before I started 'playing'. It fit every situation and every piece of track and I never had to worry about...

Back