Recent content by Sverk

1. S

Norgren pressure reg, how does it work?

And another problem with the big pressure switches is the price ... Thanks for pointing out the start-against-pressure problem. If I can locate a suitable switch I'll test the compressor the way you suggest before buying. Regards, Sverker
  2. S

Thanks a lot for the advice and encouragement! I uscrewed the top and yes, the pin on the bottom of the diaphragm was not exactly stuck but kind of sticky. I wiped off the pin with a little etanol and gave it a tiny drop of Labelle model oil, assembled it back, tried it and was scared because no...
  3. S

Thanks Louis and Colin! The link to the Instruction sheets are very useful for making sense of how it works. So there is a spring involved, to get it into the force and pressure domain. However, following the instructions it doesn't work for me. However I turn the bonnet it makes no...
  4. S

Hi, I am coming back to model railrading after a 30-year break. Have a Badger 150 about that old, have been able to geit to work ok. Also have a Norgren (B07-102-M1EA) regulator with moisture trap and pressure gauge -- but it doesn't seem to do much work. When not spraying, pressure goes all...
  5. S

Vallejo Air, is it just prethinned Vallejo Model paint?

Thanks Alan, Then I'll be keeping to the Vallejo Model Air, Sverk
  6. S

Enamel vs. Lacquer paint, what's the difference?

Aaah, my little question stirred quite a discussion. And the reasons for that seems to be that ther are no simple answers, quite a complicated and confused situation. I'll be trying things out and returning to Mark's overview when I need it. I have made a few tries with my Badger 150, 30 years...
  7. S

Enamel vs. Lacquer paint, what's the difference?

Hi, Excuse an old beginner's simple questions: I am confused by the terms Lacquer paint and Enamel paint. What's the difference? How do they relate to Floquil railroad paints? I happen to have a couple of Humbrol Enamel paint jars and thinner bottles, quite old but it seems they could be used...
  8. S

Vallejo Air, is it just prethinned Vallejo Model paint?

Hi, As I understand, Vallejo Air is ready for airbrushing as is. Seems a bit expensive, so I wonder if thinning the regular Vallejo Model Paints will be just the same? Following their recommendations, one should use the Vallejo thinner for that, which would cancel out the saving. But would it be...

Back