Recent content by Steamfreak

1. S

Plaster Paris question

...and make it a little "soupier"...
  2. S

digitrax decoder problems n scale

Contact the Digitrax group at Yahoo.com. They've got solutions for problems you ain't ever heard of....
  3. S

Found This, Thought I'd Share

I thought that's what they would have to do....Bring in cranes, jacks and so on....Good thing I don't work for the RR....:D
  4. S

Rolling Stock is really noisy after gluing track down.

I use caulk over cork. I lay a bead down the center of the track, then use a spatula to spread it into a thin layer. I place the track and hold it down with push pins between the ties. Depending on the caulk used, you probably have about 10 minutes to fuzz with the track to get it aligned just...
  5. S

Bachmann Spectrum split gears?

I believe I read on another forum a guy was in the very same position you are...Bought on eBay, cracked gears, no warranty card, etc, etc...He called B'mann, they said to send the engine back...Got a brand new one in return...!!! You might want to try this.
  6. S

Turnout Indicators

Mike...I use "home made" Masonite panels with Radio Shack push buttons (N/O). I've "drawn" the trackplan on the fascia using modeling pinstriping tape with the push buttons placed accordingly on the track plan.
  7. S

Turnout Indicators

I use a simpler approach...I just hit the push-button for the route the train is supposed to take. If the switch is already there, no harm done. If it's not, it gets set...Problem solved...:D
  8. S

Do these ties look prototypical

I was going to ask you about the camara...It seems to have an overall greenish hue. It wouldn't be an HP camara by any chance..? I had one and it did just that. Thankfully I lost it somewhere....:D
  9. S

Do these ties look prototypical

I agree...Little darker grayish/creosote tint....And paint the nailheads to match....
  10. S

Weekly Photo Fun 30 Apr-04 May '10

WT...The sheep AND the sheepherder....WoW...Beautiful car...!!!
  11. S

My kids weathering job!

WoW...So how much does she charge for doing one of those..?? I got a whole stable-full of cars that need weathering....:D
  12. S

Bachmann GP7...worth it?

I've seen the immediate "write off" of Bachmann based on their well deserved reputation for selling junk for a couple of decades. I, too, was hesitant to buy into their new Spectrum line, but I just had to have a 2-8-0, and they were the only ones that had them at a reasonable price. So I...
  13. S

Our little HO 4X8....

That's just TOO great...A born railroader..!!! :eek: Keep up the work on her behalf...Even let her "help" you with the building and stuff. There's a lot to be learned in our hobby that can readily be applied to other aspects of life...
  14. S

Help...!!!

Well...The nasty deed is done. Took me only about 4 hours...:mad: What surprised me was the vast vocabulary of swear words at my command. They were repeated often, I assure you... :rolleyes: But it turned out OK...And they do look cool...AND the li'l ol' 0-8-0 works beautifully now..So it...
  15. S

Help...!!!

I think that guy copied my "fix".... The pins can be inserted into the chains and there would be no glue needed as they're a tight fit. I think I got the solution in mind...Now it's just a matter of being able to carry it out..!!

Back