Recent content by Steam75

1. S

Automation??

Okay Thank you. I'll have a look at that. S75
  2. S

Automation??

Assuming HO scale & using DCC, is there Railroad Control software available that could be set up for & automate the following scenario? Simple oval track with 2 layby sections, [long enough to hold 1 consist at a time], & a spur. Consists A, B & C, all of which are short enough to fit in the...
  3. S

New On30 Layout.

Ash Pit Hope you can beat C-19. I had a small HO layout that got dismantled to make way for a Home Office, forced on me by C-19. Prior to that I had collected a few ON30 engines & wagons, mainly focused on a possible logging layout. However, I had always wanted an HO Rivarossi Big Boy & I picked...
  4. S

Rivarossi 4-8-8-4 track radius capability?

36"? Hmm, might have to knock out some walls. Old house, a lot of small rooms.:) As an aside, has anyone fitted the subject pre 1975 Big Boy with a DCC decoder? S75
  5. S

Thank you for your inputs. This locomotive is in very good condition. The box is AHM, described on a box end as "4-8-8-4 UP 'Big Boy', $59.98, #5114. (Made in Italy by Rivarossi)' Underneath the rear bogies, stamped is a code, BRE/TATTO. I wonder if that Id's the year of manufacture? S75
  6. S

I have the subject HO Big Boy & not enough space currently to put down a test layout - I am wondering if the BB can safely navigate 18" radius curves whilst pulling a set of freight wagons, or should I stick to 22" radius curves in a design? Thanks S75

Back