Automation??

Steam75

Assuming HO scale & using DCC, is there Railroad Control software available that could be set up for & automate the following scenario?

Simple oval track with 2 layby sections, [long enough to hold 1 consist at a time], & a spur.

Consists A, B & C, all of which are short enough to fit in the laybys & spur.

Start: Operating with A going 1 way on the oval & B going the other & C in the spur.

Next: A is paused at the entrance to a layby & waits as B approaches, then enters the layby & holds there.

Next: A continues on the Oval & C enters the oval & then the pause/enter layby, pass layby cycle continues on, all controlled by the Laptop or PC software.

So it would at least need a sensing system to detect the location of each consist in real time with a feedback loop to the Laptop & the ability to control the turnouts in accordance with the consist locations, & be able to control the consist's speed.

Is the above scenario feasible with equipment & software available now, & if so, what specifically would I need to make it work?
Thanks
S75

I have seen something similar on a large G scale layout at train shows. I don't know if it is a commercially available product or something one of their club members built.

Back