Recent content by sauced07

1. S

Sentimental Journey: DC Power Packs

I plan on staying with dc myself. It will only be me running things. I will wire a few power blocks just in case. If I ever go DCC the wiring will be there to swap over. I still have a few MRC walk around controllers.
  2. S

Sentimental Journey: DC Power Packs

I still have one!
  3. S

Locomotives Ringing Bell While Traveling Though a Grade Crossing

I used to always ring the bell at all crossings. I would pull the knob to activate the bell just as I crossed by the whistle post. I think it has always been required at a crossing.
  4. S

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LX

Oh the days of fresh benchwork, a pile of flex track and switches and a track plan rolling around the ol noodle....good times!
  5. S

I was almost in a ditch yesterday trying to get the truck up the driveway. Finally made it, low gear screaming all the way. Tried the wifes mustang, that was a no go. She stayed home today. Trucks paid for, the car ain't! I had to go into work today , I'm taking Thursday afternoon off to make a...
  6. S

Mornin...17 degrees here in SC. Only supposed to get to 34 today. Got a challenge ahead of me as our house is lower than our street and I don't have a snow shovel (being SC). Hopefully I can get our vehicles up to the street today. My shortbed GMC doesn't like snow all that well. Or rain for...
  7. S

Sorry for the sideways picture. Sending from my phone. Upstate of South Carolina winter wonderland! Not getting above freezing till tomorrow afternoon. Staying home with Netflix!
  8. S

Montanan- That's the plan, coffee and sweatpants day. Might try tackling some of the basement this weekend while I'm indoors
  9. S

Morning everyone. It's in the 40's here in upstate SC. Supposed to get some snow by tomorrow morning. Snowpocalypse!!! 3 inches, get the bread and milk at the storenow!!!!
  10. S

Long Island RR crash

A lot of guys don't manage their sleep. I had trouble staying awake on the night job for a while. We used to get held out of a CSX yard about every night for 2-3 hours. I would sleep on the engine during that time. It messed me up. I learned to black out my bedroom windows and stay up when we...
  11. S

HELP!! Rolling stock problem caught on video

On a side note, I used to buy tire weights used for tire balancing, the kind that stick on. I would add a few over each set of trucks on every car just to give the car extra weight. It helped keep cars from misbehaving on some pieces of track. It's a different issue than what you have but the...
  12. S

Layout design question

That's one thing that I can't replicate, the long miles of countryside I used to run through.
  13. S

Layout design question

I was talking with the wife while down visiting my daughter and grandson and we were discussing the basement. I was able to reserve 12x39 feet total for the layout. I am still going to build it in sections so I don't kill myself or my funds. While I was following existing trackage on Google...
  14. S

What makes it a "Train"?

Thanks for the rulebook quote. I was going to respond but I forgot a littlebit through the years. I remember in engineer school the guy teaching said you can have six engines and 150 cars but without the authorization and marker you ain't got nothin! Now as to what constitutes main track...
  15. S

Mornin folks. Down at Myrtle Beach to see my daughter and her new arrival. As soon as I held my grandson for the first time he farted, yep...that's my kin all right!!!

Back