Recent content by Rigby

1. R

Greetings from Downeast Maine

Greetings from Bath!
  2. R

20 Feet.... 15 Feet.... *BANG!* You're Good

Its amazing how flexible the loco is. Even before it gets broken on impact the thing is like a noodle.
  3. R

What's the story on track being unavailable?

So, I'm just coming back into active modeling and it seems like there's no track! I was going to work on my N-scale stuff but there's no atlas code 55. So I thought I'd work on an HO scale code 83 switcher to play with - no flex track. What's up?
  4. R

Comments wanted for switching layout

I remember reading about someone who'd put a flywheel in a box car to allow flying drops. My have been a G&D trick.
  5. R

Small layout - engine servicing and car repair

Thanks, Byron. That's almost exactly the idea I was looking for. Time to do some doodling.
  6. R

Small layout - engine servicing and car repair

So, I'm getting back into the hobby after an absence during which we've rebuilt half our house and had a fire in our storage unit. I've given up my layout room for the time being because we've needed that space in our rental property. I'm currently without any layout at all, other than a...
  7. R

What do you do for a living?

What a fascinating collection of talents and abilities. I'm a criminal defense lawyer full-time, a recovering firefighter/EMT, and the navigator and tactician on an sailing racing program. I'm struck by the number of people whose work history is very diverse, which makes sense given the...
  8. R

Any ho clubs in maine?

Hello. Where in Maine do you live? I'm in Brunswick. I do N, but there are a number of HO clubs, including Great Falls in Lewiston/Auburn.
  9. R

Ballast size

What happened there?!?
  10. R

Layout room coming along

Hi Jim, thanks for the input. I'm afraid to paint the glass because the lights are high intensity halogen and very hot. I'm actually planning to run suspended cable lighting over the layout itself with the idea that the suspended lighting is for layout use and the overhead is for work mode. I...
  11. R

Layout room coming along

Started this morning with my layout room looking like this: By the end of the day, we had this: I'm super excited!
  12. R

74' Thrall centerbeam - minimum radius

Among a set of rolling stock I just received are several very nice 74' centerbeams. They're perfect for the Maine based layout I'm scheming up but they're longer than anything else I'm planning to run. Does anyone have experience with these cars and have a sense of what a safe minimum...
  13. R

Smaller Layout Plan

I guess I thought that the staging would be open, over the ridge. You could look over it and recover trains or whatever. Bad idea? I haven't decided what I'd so with the large open area - town or industry or something. Lots of ideas, but haven't distilled it down. Logging operation on the...
  14. R

Smaller Layout Plan

Hi Jim, thanks for reading. This is N-gauge. Yes, thank you - I see the reverse loop. Was planning on using MRC's loop device to power the mill area. (Using MRC Prodigy DCC control). The track off to the right would run across the that wall to another scene. Don't plan to build that at...
  15. R

Smaller Layout Plan

Thank you to everyone who weighed in on my recent post about my Maine Central layout. I've decided that I'm biting off more than I can chew with that project and that it needs to percolate further. In the meantime, I'd like to build a smaller layout in my home. This layout should serve a...

Back