Recent content by PATrainman

1. P

More pics of the layout

Actually, This layout is serving two purposes... 1. A practice for things to come...as in, a more realistic and a larger layout in the basement. (this currently uses Bachmann EZ Track) 2. The buildings are not HO, they are actually my wife's St. Nicholas Square Collection christmas village...
  2. P

I bought a new Loco...

For forty Bucks...I can live without those things for a while... Justin
  3. P

More pics of the layout

Here are some "under construction" shots of my layout...I worked on it a little bit more tonight, but didnt get done much, so I hope to do some more plastering tomorrow...
  4. P

I bought a new Loco...

On the box, it says Walthers 'TRAINLINE" "ready to run" here are some pics, not in link form...
  5. P

I bought a new Loco...

It is a Walthers ALCO FA-1 PRR This thing pulls great! It can pull (without losing too much speed) all six of my PRR Passenger cars up the 4% grade that I was haqving problems with... Justin
  6. P

THe first boulders on my layout...

actually, the platform is still under construction...the snow that you see is actually just plaster...I havent even put the snow down yet. I still as of yet gotten the plaster laid on the second half of the platform. I will try to get some more pics later... Justin
  7. P

Here lets try this ok, so it wont let me post the full size pics...if you clickety-click the links, the full size pics are there...just make sure your browser window is full size Justin
  8. P

Powering a 'B' unit...

The F Units I have must be the older blue box...they (it wasn't)that expensive...Right now, I am not really modelling any specific road, although the A-B Units that I currently have are Reading RR. This is kinda like a "Practice" layout for me, to learn techniques and what not. This platform...
  9. P

These are the first rocks I have ever done...I used a woodland scenics mold, and since I am modeling winter, I wanted to give them a snow covered look... Justin
  10. P

Powering a 'B' unit...

I was actually thinking of getting anotherA unit as well, and I wanted to power the B unit, to totally eliminate any concern about making it up that grade...the elevation I have set up is as follows...over 127" with a 36" radius curve, the track elevates 2% grade for about 48", 4% grade for...
  11. P

Powering a 'B' unit...

I am fairly new to this hobby, and I was wondering, is there any way to power the "B" unit to my Athearn F7 A&B, to aid in pulling a moderately long train up the 4% grade at one point on my 'under construction' layout? WHere do I look, where do I go to find info on this? Justin
  12. P

Is this a worthwhile buy...

A friend of mine (and I, I guess) want to change to DCC, and he found this on Amazon...I was curious if this was worth it, even if just used for a christmas layout? http://www.amazon.com/EZ-Command-DCC-System-GP50/dp/B0006KSO9S/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1199409430&sr=8-4 Justin
  13. P

Mutiple engines

I was just curious...(again, I am almost entirely new to this hobby)...but the length of trains topic brought it up in my mind...I assume that in real life, they will put two engines back to back, so that it can pull more, but does the same work in HO scale (or on the model layout scale for that...
  14. P

Maybe a silly question...

I have recently purchased several boxes of the Bachmann E-Z Track, and they come with a magnet (fairly heavy) and a figure, and according to the instructions, you are supposed to place the magnet under the track, wherever you will want to uncouple thye cars (and place the figure there so you...
  15. P

Maybe a silly question...

But, I was wondering how you long time modelers, when operating your layout (read...switching carsand moving them to different industries), how do you uncouple the cars? I mean, I have several cars with two different types of couplers, the old fashioned kind with the "interlocking" pieces of...

Back