Recent content by NYC_George

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. NYC_George

Running Bear's July 2020 Coffee Shop

My stepson passed on May 15 and it's been nothing but banks, courts, and lawyers since. I just started fixing everything at our house and all of a sudden we have another house that needs the same. We sold it this week and I'm so happy it's gone. At 74 I didn't need a second house to take care...
  2. NYC_George

Another crossing gate idea

Overlaid KB. I was getting my oil changed in Rockland county NY near the CXS line. I took a video of the passing train and doubted the sound on my own video. It worked out perfectly. George
  3. NYC_George

Another crossing gate idea

I posted this sometime last year. I got tired of twisting my body under the layout installing crossing gates so I came up with this idea. Build everything as a separate unit then install it. It just makes the job so much easier. How they look working.
  4. NYC_George

Running Bear's April 2020 Coffee Shop

Received an email from our doctor's group yesterday saying we are open if anyone needs to make an appointment. I guess no one going? George
  5. NYC_George

After routing out the first wheel in my basement for my driver project. I decided I would rather freeze outside then do another inside.
  6. NYC_George

Looking for something this morning I found some none digital photos of my 1997 4 X 8 layout. George
  7. NYC_George

MASSIVE YARD, Hump yard, and engine facilities

How many people work there? I say this because on a visit to the abandon NH Maybrook yard a few years back I took a photo of a sign that said 1,100 people use to work here. I have the photo some where. So more than 1,100 people work at the yard in the video? George
  8. NYC_George

James about 2 years ago I changed all most every light in the house to LEDS. It's well worth it. 12 just in my train room.
  9. NYC_George

Ramones Storage & Salvage.

What a great model. George
  10. NYC_George

Bruette you need to buy a HO ScaleTrains locomotive because they are loud. George
  11. NYC_George

Pretty good Greg I like the bell. George
  12. NYC_George

I'm not so sure about the 2018 stuff. My wife and I canceled a 2018 bank account because it had been compromised. So in that case they wouldn't be able to deposit money in a canceled account this year. I'm wondering what would happen in that case? $2,400.00 floating around in cyber space...
  13. NYC_George

I'm not sure how's that work's for the stimulus money package. I mean everyone who filed early got their stimulus checks deposited in their checking accounts today. If your just now filing you may not get the stimulus money until September? George
  14. NYC_George

If you live in the USA the stimulus package money's here. I checked my bank account and it was there this morning.
  15. NYC_George

I doubt I could handle that job. To much stress. I bough around 10 model trucks 15 year ago. I think I paid $5.95 per truck now their $22.00 or more. George

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.