Recent content by NUTNDUN

1. N

pssst .....

Did you happen to try it with DCC at all? I am wondering if the ability to run on DC might have been turned off on the decoder?
  2. N

Loksound decoders

I have been extremely happy with my Loksound decoders. Especially the V4.0 or Selects. I only have one Tsunami anymore which is only because it was in the Athearn Big Boy and I haven't changed it out yet. The motor control is unmatched from what I have seen so far. The Gevo sound file is...
  3. N

BLI AC6000 Kadee Coupler Conversion

If I remember correct I just used Kadee #5 in the stock coupler box on the two BLI AC6000's I had.
  4. N

Intermountian Non Sound Decoder?

I wanted to ask if anyone knows what decoder IM is using on their non sound engines? I have a couple on order and realized that they already have decoders in them and was curious to find out what brand they are? The other info I am looking for is if anyone has used DecoderPro with one and how...
  5. N

Help with new layout in basement for HO scale

I have been tinkering with the layout idea again. I have been doing a lot of thinking about n scale as well but I really prefer HO. I was thinking about the n scale because of how easy it would be to do a long island and still have plenty of room to walk around. So I decided to mess with the...
  6. N

Which way to take a loco project?

I think the repaint sounds like an easier way to go.
  7. N

BW AC6000 MTH SD70ace or IM ES44ac/dc who's the pulling champ?

I vote for the BWL AC6000. Pretty sure it is the heaviest out of those three. Would be better if you made them all the exact same weight and tried it.
  8. N

Decent layout idea for 6' x 12' table?

I dipped it down on the inside main to allow a little more room for the overpass as that track will be elevated for the spur and other track to go under.
  9. N

I know what you mean about the reach. Good thing is I have 3' along both long sides and more room on the short sides to walk around. It is only going to be a temporary table layout till I get some money saved up. I need to re-finish the basement walls before putting up a shelf layout. The...
  10. N

I have another thread going for the basement layout idea which will eventually come to fruition but for now I am going to do a layout on the current 6' x 12' table that I have. I have come to the realization that I will need to save up a good bit of money to do the layout for the basement as...
  11. N

Looking to get a few more diesel locomotives, need help deciding

I don't mind installing decoders. Have done quite a few in slot cars and am fairly handy with a soldering iron. If I do go the route of buying dcc ready and having to add a decoder I believe I have decided on using Loksound Select series decoders.
  12. N

I usually buy from model train stuff. They have non dcc equipped BNSF SD70Ace with comfort cab's but I would be spreading out even more on the roadnames. Bad enough I got UP and CSX and Conrail LOL. I will definitely at least keep an open mind with MTH from now on.
  13. N

My question would be is if I were to get a MTH, at what point did they address the dcc funstionality? Some of the SD70Ace that I have found have the proto sound 3 decoder. Would this be current enough? I know i can get ones without the decoder but the ones that I have found would be hard to pass...
  14. N

I did kind of get caught up on the whole MTH decoder not supporting regular dcc standards and having to use their system if you wanted all functions. I also didn't care for the lawsuits but that isn't much of a factor. It was mainly the decoder thing. Prices seem to be a little higher on...
  15. N

Thanks. That is one of the more recent posts I had found when searching. Not much other than that thread. I may have to try one, would like to wait possibly and see if they will put led's in future releases. I don't think Atlas makes a SD70ace either but I would like to get a few Atlas silver...

Back