Recent content by mike in arkansas

1. M

glueing polystyrene

Cool-- exactly the problems I was having and so nice she tested several adhesives-- saved me trying MORE different things! Thanks for Posting Builder! Blessings, Mike
  2. M

glueing polystyrene

Ok--- I have tried everything (almost). I am using polystyrene --the pink stuff-- to make some mountains. I have tried Liquid Nails, projects, Silicone in the tube, white glue, yellow glue, and nothing seems to hold or dry-- even after several days none of the stuff seems to have dried. The...
  3. M

N scale knuckle couplers

Still looking at replace couplers for old rapido ones. Is anyone familar with Kato 11-702 Buckeye Couplings? Seem cheap enough if they work with other knuckle couplers. Any thoughts? thanks Mike
  4. M

Jerome & Southwestern

Thanks Greg, Yes I did find the archives on MRR and plan to download them! I have been through Jerome also many years ago!! I did not realize taht was the same place for the railroad-- make it even more interesting! Blessings, Mike
  5. M

Jerome & Southwestern

AHHHHHH its gone!!!
  6. M

Jerome & Southwestern

Thank you Dan-- I will take a look for that book. Mike
  7. M

N scale knuckle couplers

Alas, I have looked at the Microtrains website and they don't show couplers for N-- Only HO!! I'll probably go with the Atlas trucks and see how they work. It is $4 for one pair which is not too bad since I only have very few cars! And since the Athearn and Kato couplers seem to be on speaking...
  8. M

N scale knuckle couplers

OK—another basic question I guess (this is all N scale). I have some old rolling stock with a combination of truck and body mount Rapido couplers. They are a combination of Atlas, Life Like and some unidentifiable car a Kato F3 with knuckle couplers, I have Athern Overton set (4 old timey cars)...
  9. M

Jerome & Southwestern

OK- I am currently working on my first layout- Kwik and Easy from N Scale Model Railroading. This will give me experience with the basics. However, I would like to do something more ambitious after this one. Some years ago I saw a project in Model Railroader magazine from 1982 (I think) called...
  10. M

DC power pack

Thanks all-- I do appreciate every ones thoughful replies! Will probably go with the inexpensive MRC at this point. Obviously if I stay alive long enough (at 70 i have survived cancer twice and one stroke) to enjoy my hobby, I will need to go with DCC which is completely different in the power...
  11. M

DC power pack

So sir are you saying there is not much difference between DC controllers-- one brand is about as good as the other-- I wouldn't be surprised if they are all made in the same factory in China just with differnet names!! Thanks for your input! Mike
  12. M

DC power pack

I found it new at modeltrainstuff for $30 and the model 1370 for $40. Any thoughts?
  13. M

DC power pack

ok-- while working on laying track on my n scale door project, I somehow dropped my life like transformer (I know I know-- but it did work anyway). So I need to replace it. Running a single n scale engine at this point and was wondering if anyone has experience with the MRC Railpower 1300...
  14. M

Wiring Peco switches

Ok Trailrider-- I think i have powered one of the turnout from NOT the point end (if the pointend is where the train enters the turnout before taking one of two routes! As you can see I have a LOT to learn-- that is why I am starting with a small layout to learn from my misteaks (mistakes?) and...
  15. M

Wiring Peco switches

:p STUPID STUPID STUPID-- well, Iron Horseman, the insulated joiner sounded good to me. I took one last look at things before i ordered what i needed to do that. BUT, on the other side of the layout was another spur-- and the switch was set to the spur! So when i switched the spur on this side...

Back