glueing polystyrene

Ok--- I have tried everything (almost). I am using polystyrene --the pink stuff-- to make some mountains. I have tried Liquid Nails, projects, Silicone in the tube, white glue, yellow glue, and nothing seems to hold or dry-- even after several days none of the stuff seems to have dried. The layers of foam simply slip on each other.

What do other people use? I have seen suggestions for spray adhesive, polystyrene adhesive (looks like in a tube).

I thought I would turn to the experts. What say ye?

thanks, Mike

Cool-- exactly the problems I was having and so nice she tested several adhesives-- saved me trying MORE different things!
Thanks for Posting Builder!
Blessings, Mike

I am not sure if you tried this one yet, but Woodland Scenics makes a low temp hot glue gun. You set the foam where you want it, then heat up the glue gun. Now start feeding the stuff onto your layout, and direct it where it needs to go. Hold until cool, a very short time, and you will find it is semi permanent.

Built the River pass with it, and the extension as well, and will be using it again on the new sub.

No I don't work for any manufacturer, just an old hand who has tried everything and found this works best of all.

The Aerojet

The local hardware / lumber store will have what you need .. ask for the stuff to hold the extruded foam insulation board vertically to a wall .. usually comes in tubes, provides a decent initial grab, and sets in twelve to twenty four hours.. the Loctite version is a premium product, and priced accordingly, and works very well

Back