Recent content by k0ncept

1. K

Help with my First N Scale Layout.

hehe Thank's Guys! The Kitchen Cabinets came from a leftover workbench I used to have, I needed some storage under the layout, so I used the three I had and incorparated them as part of the benchwork.. It was not easy, but I managed to use them and they work great.. I still need to add the...
  2. K

ok pics of some progress... I wanted to re-create one of my favorite fishing spots in the middle of the mountains, Red Rock Canyon if an 86ft hicube can make it, anything can lol... GO TROUT lol Then for some crazy reason I wanted a waterfall here.. So here we go...
  3. K

hehe Very True! I have been pretty busy getting everthing moving along, I have most of the wiring done, I had a real nightmare with it, I am using a combo of Kato Feeders along with my own soldered in where needed.. So I start to fire it up and it faulted... When I fist wired it up I was...
  4. K

yes it's the woodland scenics, I have a 2% and 2 3%'s and I ended up combining them and just kind of kitbashing my inclines, I dont think anything breaks 2.5% as I added in quite a bit of blocks here and there to extend the incline and keep it as smooth as possible... Getting some more work...
  5. K

My Big Shed layout

I wanted to try to stuff one or 2 on my layout, but in the end, I ended up with 2-3% grades and lots of nice elevated turns to watch my trains climb up and down, for myself thats what I really wanted in the end.. If I had added a Helix, it would have opened up many other possibilities with my...
  6. K

Kato Unitrack and Atlas track

These are slick, it even matches the level of the Atlas oir whatever track you mate to it... Pretty neat and super easy..
  7. K

DCC vs. DCC ready

from what I understand, DCC ready meens the loco will have the needed setup to be able to run DCC, KATO "the newer vers in the green box" are DCC ready in that you simply drop a decoder in, pretty much plug and play no wiring needed.. Other Mfg's im not sure whats involved... I do know some...
  8. K

My very first N-scale layout

Good EYE! Nice Catch.. :)
  9. K

My very first N-scale layout

looks good, im also building my 1st N Scale layout... I just didnt realize HOW much we can fit in a small space... I ended up with like 40ft total around the walls, just too much to cover for a noob like myself.. I have been working on it for weeks, and im not even in the testing pahse of my...
  10. K

Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

You need to drive over to my house and help me work on my layout :).... I can dream I have a layout that looks that good one day :) .. Thank You again for posting so much information and helping all of us!! THANK YOU! and that "desk" pic is priceless!! Awesome Job!! Dan...
  11. K

ok some updates, it seems I TOTALLY underestimated the track needed to cover my area in question.. It seems I am in need of more turnouts and more 381's 348's and 315's argh .. But its coming along, the back part will be elevated even higher that the risers in the front, thats where the...
  12. K

Background Flats You can use

Very NICE! Thank You...
  13. K

Thank You for the kind words, it was a undertaking for sure hehehe... I discovered this place by complete mistake, was time for a summer vacation, and I dont like doing the normal "tourist" thing, so I decided to go right next to Yosmite and play around. Over the last 10 years I have been...
  14. K

Update so far, been working my friends tail off :) My good friend Antionio came by and we ordered some good pizza.. Because im laid out pretty much, Antionio grabbed tools and set to work, helping me greatly.. Im now at the point my RR needs to raise money for more track and turnouts :)...
  15. K

Need Ideas for HO Layout for 5 x 10ft Table

That's what I was thinking, if he could do that, then the options would be MUCH better... After all my years, im now building my first N scale layout, and the only reason I went to N scale was the simple fact I dont have enough room to build the layout I want in HO, and at almost 40 ft of...

Back