Recent content by julienjj

1. J

77 petrol tanker runaway train derail and explode

Hopefully they will find why the train started moving. Its very disturbing because the train went downhill on the brakes and the loco got uncoupled, but the brake should go in emergency if any hose get disconnected, unless the brake air tanks got complely flat on air in each car.
  2. J

They kept quiet about it, but ive been there before, and the local fire station was just in front of the library. I saw no footage or video showing the local fire dept trucks, they likely have been destroyed in the blast.
  3. J

Very tragic accident that has caused massive damages to the city of Lac-Megantic . Late last night a train went in a runaway during a crew change. The train was supposed to stay parked for a couple of hours, but started moving after the crew left, despite having been left on the brakes. At some...
  4. J

Chicken or the Egg theory of layout construction???

maybe make a list of the building you want to have, with their dimension and footprint, so you can play tetris with them and arrange them to fit nicely with the trackwork ?
  5. J

Track planning for mainline operation

I tried many time to use it, but i find it rought edged; many feature does not support to undo the last step, so if you click something wrong, you have to start over. I tried SCARM this week thought, and wow, it was working very nicely !
  6. J

Found some interesting trackplan online ! its 11x11, i think i may resize it a little
  7. J

Exporail Exhibition Video Clips

Nice !, since you live in the montreal area, do you get to the AMFM operation days ?
  8. J

I'm starting to think that a folded dogbone might be a better choice for my room. it is possible to move the workbench to the bottom wall or across the room, next to the door, freeing the layout from clearing the breaker panel
  9. J

Would you be able to make a quick sketch ? i dont get the design youre suggesting, i'm kinda visual :D I just ordered myself a copy of what some people would call the bible of MRR; Track planning for realistic operation
  10. J

Cannot Decide on Guage/Company

I have seen the lionel acela goes for over 1k on ebay, but hey, it had electric working doors on all coach !
  11. J

I dont have limited space. I can use all the room, the grey area was to give a rought idea of how i would make the bridge for continuous running. Let say that the left section is 8 foot long, and the right one is 9 feet, all the table are 26" deep. the layout will likely be 48 inch tall, and can...
  12. J

I finaly made the floor plan of my new train room. I want to have a layout focused on mainline operation, ex.: giving priority to passenger over a freight, traffic management and the like. I have a few ideas but i lack the experience:o to make an interesting and realistic trackplan containing...
  13. J

Cannot Decide on Guage/Company

I have zero experience with G or O scale (being an Ho modeler) , but I know lionel stuff is pricey, and that compatibility between manifacturer in O or G scale is headhache inducing (g scale stuff is often 1:29, 1:30, 1:32, while O scale has 2 or 3 rail, and many radius standard from toy-train...
  14. J

Code 100 Double slips?

Rotor, this is a double crossover, the objective of the double slip is to save space from that configuration in a crowded yard
  15. J

Code 100 Double slips?

I have been told the fast track handlaid one are excellent, since they are 100% compliant with nmra standard

Back