Recent content by JeffH

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. J

Running Bear's May 2022 Coffee Shop

Good on you, Ken! However... having been an executor, you probably know the best thing to do is to have all your assets in a trust. Your will should simply bequest anything that's not already in the trust. If you can keep an estate out of probate, you should. And the best way to do that...
  2. J

Self can be a dangerous and powerful demon. When self overcomes charity, the devil rejoices. Sorry for the theological references... But... if the shoe fits...
  3. J

Puzzled About Decoder

Have you probed the DC output from the board to the motor with a multimeter? I'd be curious to see if you're getting juice there just to rule out the wiring from the board to the motor.
  4. J

Good Morning! 73F and mostly cloudy here in Columbus, Ohio. T-minus 12 days to oldest daughter's wedding in Savannah, Georgia. Other than a dog and a cat, I'm the only male in our household. Stress levels are high. Estrogen levels even higher. Send help. Edit to add: Has anyone...
  5. J

All spiders have venom. But, not all spiders' venom is medicinally significant. And some spiders, although they have insidious venom, have fangs that can't pierce human skin. Wolf spiders have a painful bite, but their venom isn't too nasty... And they are fairly non-aggressive, usually...
  6. J

I woke up this morning and went into the basement to see how the glue dried on the fist section I ballasted a week or so ago. All good! There is a big N scale show about 45 minutes from me, but I can't make myself go this close to our daughter's wedding. So I'm putting legs on a Rock Candy...
  7. J

Things are very different these days🤗
  8. J

Gateway Subdivision

Very impressive build! When I was dreaming up my first layout, I contemplated a "helix" that would climb the outside of a cone shaped mountain, then cross a bridge that spans a river valley to the top of another mountain. Then I realized I was going to bite off more than I could chew. Kudos...
  9. J

Good Morning all! I was able to head home an hour early yesterday so I could mow before it rains for the next 3 days straight here in Ohio. Good thing, too. Grass was tall and thick! I mow about 6 acres.. takes me right around 3.5 hours as long as I don't have to stop too many times to...
  10. J

Ho engines triggering overload light gradually. Help

D&J (Ken) is probably right. Sounds like that loco needs some cleaning. A poor electrical connection will cause a motor to draw more power than it would otherwise need. I would start by giving it a bath in contact cleaner, like CRC Electrical Parts Cleaner. It's a sprasy that evaporates...
  11. J

Bit the bullet and decided to rent a U-Haul for the trip to Savannah. Best result is seeing the stress leave my Wife's mind and body. I think she is relieved that we will have plenty of cargo area now.
  12. J

Good morning! Overcast here in Ohio today, but at least it's not raining. I hope to head home from the office mid-day today so I can mow my grass forest this afternoon. If I can start mowing by 3:00, I'll be done by 7:00, in time for dinner. Although, the grass is so tall and thick, it may...
  13. J

steel & scrap ideas you may like

If I modeled in HO, I'd take them off your hands. I appreciate the effort that went into those scenes, and would love to have those in N scale for layout. I'd find a space for them.
  14. J

steel & scrap ideas you may like

Those are really cool! 😎 Did you buy those or build them yourself?
  15. J

Infection rate may be higher, but I'd like to know if the symptoms are the same or less severe. I got Covid not long after getting the first Moderna booster shot last October. It was just like a cold, but more chesty and less nasally. I was grateful to be able to breath through my nose while...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.