Recent content by iggy809

1. I

What product to use to make a gravel road

Sanded grout. Sprinkle on paint or smooth school glue.
  2. I

Passenger Train

What freight cars might be found in a 1942 passenger train?
  3. I

HF Workbench any good ?

I made one from a Free pallet that sheet metal is transported on. 4x4x10 skids make great legs & other framing members. Used tongue & grove joints. Find a sheet metal shop and you will find some great framing matl.
  4. I

Use of WD-40 for Locomotive Wheel Cleaning

I have purchased Locomotives and electronic items online to find a green corrosion on contacts and connections. Some are tiny springs and tiny connectors. Will something remove and or clean this up?
  5. I

Fly Swatter static grass applicator voltage

Your right, add another battery and see what happens.
  6. I

Installing MTL #905 z scale couplers on 1st run Atlas shay

Looking for help installing #905's on a Atlas shay, first run. Everything I see say easy install. Remove original install #905. Not on mine. Atlas screw is to large for hole in 905. Hole in frame is to far back to accept 905. New hole would be in seam between frame weight and plastic body of...
  7. I

Fly Swatter static grass applicator voltage

Anyone know how much voltage a Harbor Freight fly swatter can handle. I would like to increase the 3 volts for more performance.
  8. I

MDC sound station " add speakers".

Thanks for the reply.
  9. I

Yes it is a MRC sound station. I just want to add 2 more speakers to the station and would like to know how to do it. 2 speakers in the sound station each handle a different function or sounds. Add a speaker in parallel. add a female plug and solder to the pcb.Will this handle more speakers? Can...
  10. I

Have a MDC sound station that has lost power to the main speaker. No power back to the PCB. Aux speaker still works. Have 2 computer speakers wired together with mini speaker plug. I would like to add these 2 speakers to the sound station. How and where could I add them?
  11. I

DC Vs DCC

DC works for me.
  12. I

Bachmann n scale 4-4-0 driveshaft

Just to let everyone know Bachmann has 4-4-0 American N scale driveshafts in stock.
  13. I

1864 rolling stock colors

I know that the locomotives of this period were colorful, but what about the rolling stock? Micro-trains cars are box car red but Bachmann are very colorful. All of the photos from this period are B&W. I am working on a period RR and would like to paint the rolling for the period. Help with...
  14. I

E/Z Mates Bachmann

E/Z Mates will not work on the 4-4-0 Bachmann American w/o a lot of modification to the tender. Got the MTL #1128 T shanks and they fit right in the tender slot. Very easy, no carving the tender. Got the #1128's (4) couplers vrs. #1049 (2) couplers, same .
  15. I

E/Z Mates Bachmann

Got my 4-4-0 Bachmann running after drive shaft problems. Want to put knuckles on the old time passenger train. Have all MTL but would like to try E/Z mates as the claim is they just drop into the coupler box, no springs or amall parts. The unit will not be uncoupled.

Back