Recent content by Hungariantom

1. H

Bridge on the River Kwai _ a static display.

Very impressive work. It inspires me to be a better modeler. Thanks for taking us for the ride.
  2. H

I am completely flabbergasted.

I've worked for a small paint manufacturer (+/- 20m in annual sales) for the last ten years and have never seen the cost of raw materials increase so rapidly. That's if we can even get them. Just the cost of a one gallon metal can has risen by over 50% in the last 15 months. Unfortanetly those...
  3. H

Woes & hazards of eBay (aka flea-bay)

I don't purchase anything on Ebay without first checking the sellers feedback. It doesn't matter how bad I want the item, if the seller has less then 99% positive feedback or consistent bad feedback I won't buy from them.
  4. H

Sharing another good deal found.

Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered two.
  5. H

Tentative layout plan

Iron Horseman - Thanks for the reply. A reverse loop is definetely an option that I've thought about and will continue to look at. It seems like a long way to back up a train as it is now. Beachbum - - I'll definetely take a look at Lance's plans. My plan (as of right now, subject to...
  6. H

Tentative layout plan

Thanks for the reply. Good point on the radius. While using the program it was easier to use sectional pieces of track then to use flex track because I wasn't really sure where things were going. I do have a good supply of flex. The only places with 18 radius curves are the south ends of the...
  7. H

Tentative layout plan

The only reasons for the s curve are to break up the monotony of the straights but also because an incline starts there and I didn't want to have it so close to the inner loop. None of the buildings are set in stone and to tell you the truth I never really thought about the turnouts behind...
  8. H

Tentative layout plan

Hey all. Attached is my tentative layout plan. I say "tentative" because I'm looking for opinions on what I have and what you think. No building has started and nothing is set in stone. This will be HO scale (DC for now) and not based on any prototype. The area of the plan is 14x18. I am...
  9. H

Hello all!

I just wanted to say hello and give a small introdution. My name is Tom and I live in South Carolina. I have experienced a renewed vigor in my interest in model railroads over the last year and have been lurking in the forums for about the last 5 months and have really enjoyed the posts and...

Back