Recent content by Hos

1. H

Athearn ALCO PA/PB rebuilds x 5

ed to the frames. I did modify the connection though. Instead of that dumb spring steel holding the trucks to the frame, I removed that and cut the hooks that were on the trucks. I drilled and tapped the posts on the frame for M1.4 screws. I then shaved the post down as I fit the trucks back...
  2. H

Athearn ALCO PA/PB rebuilds x 5

Well, I'm at it again. My light build and 250T darrick is on hold waiting on parts, so on to the next. I bought 3 Athearn Alco PA-1 locomotives and 2 PA B units so I can make a A-B-B-A with a reserve A unit. All are powered. I started the project by disassembling all the parts and starting...
  3. H

Light build

Well, this project is on hold. I'm waiting on parts. I'll update when they arrive.
  4. H

Micro fan + Seuthe smoke

I've been eyeing a project for a while, and it might be out on the horizon, but id like people input. Maybe you've done it or planned it before too? I'm planning this for HO scale. O scale could use more smoke and bigger fans or just a simple ultrasonic disc. I found 10mm x 3mm 3VDC fans. They...
  5. H

Light build

Ok, I figured it out. Hopefully what I found will help anyone else thats in my position. Heres what I did. I put a bridge rectifier from the track power to the capacitor. From the capacitor I added the resistor (560ohm 1/2w). From there, I wired in parallel three 3mm warm white LEDs. The LEDs...
  6. H

DD40AX Truck trouble

I solved it all guys. I added two spectrum DD40AX's to my stable. The lighting sucks and theres no lights in the cab, but Ill add all those when I get to it.
  7. H

Light build

Here's the current light pipe and inside the cab. I think I'll have to change the design up a bit.
  8. H

DD40AX Truck trouble

I lied. I got me a nearly new spectrum DD40AX. I just need to find new railings somewhere.
  9. H

Light build

Lol. They are bright. But not more than a new bulb on the real coaches. I have the Lionel HO Polar express. I have 5 cars. Two I bought separately and a whole coach set I scored for $30! I changed all the couplers to nice kadee knuckles and painted the exterior flooring in a wood finish (burnt...
  10. H

Light build

Top and tinfoil on.
  11. H

Light build

Once dried, I'll tinfoil the top of the led to stop the abarrant light from escaping.
  12. H

Light build

Hello! Turns out I really enjoy my rekindled train hobby. I've embarked on a project to light up all the trains I have. Interior car, headlights, fire box, locomotive cab, etc. I've started with my Polar express set. Reason being is I got an amazing deal on the full set of 3, plus the 2 I...
  13. H

Traction tire sizes?

I can't find the parent company. I've looked for a while and the only search results I get are resellers. Not the company itself. As for the orings, I know McMaster sells square and x profile rings in silicone. I'll have to check if they're small enough for these wheels.
  14. H

Traction tire sizes?

Hello everyone. I have several older locomotives that need new traction tires. The problem is a lot of the tires I see (steward or calumet) only say trains it'll fit and not actual mm or inches. Does anyone have Intel on this? I need tires that are about 12, 20, 25mm. They're all about...
  15. H

DD40AX Truck trouble

I returned the DD40AX. I think I might stick to my steam Era.

Back