Recent content by Highball

1. Highball

An Indian N1 2-10-0 Loco with sound, lights and Firebox flights on my layout

Yes indeed an "indianized" Evening Star. Hornby maybe? @ yardmaster: no, it´s indian. Because it shall represent a prototype from India. I really like the flickering firebox lights.
  2. Highball

Beyer Garratt Articulated loco - video

I noticed that. Why did Indian steamers (not only the WP class) have split cabs?
  3. Highball

Yes, Lemaco and Micro Metakit is the very best of the best. Look at this one here: http://www.ebay.de/itm/MICRO-METAKIT-97802H-kkStB-Golsdorf-Rh-380-100-neu-/391169384160?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item5b13831ee0 It´s on ebay Germany. A beautiful Austrian 2-10-0 from the pre-WW1-era with 4...
  4. Highball

@hunslet040: I never would have imagined South African Garratts operating in Wales! Very interesting move! Who had the idea to bring them to Wales to operate there? Haven´t there been enough welsh/english steamers? Or is it just because of the fancyness? @Vikramgoel: Thanks for your words. Well...
  5. Highball

@Vikramgoel: Yes, I saw them on your website. The Akbar is based on a German BR 01 or 03 steam loco, right? From which manufacturer? The Vijaya is based on a Manuta Pacific, right? But on which model is the Taj Express based on? Couldn´t identify this one... But the Sher-E-Punjab is my favorite...
  6. Highball

Wow, very interesting childhood! You´re a real mountain boy I guess! Lucky you! Believe me, I already checked out everything and I started with european cars because they are indeed way better for such a project than any americna cars! But there is one problem, and that´s the reason why I still...
  7. Highball

@ vikramgoel: alright! I didn´t know the BLI K4 also had synchronized puffing smoke. Very well done work! I guess you own the fanciest WP class in HO scale ever! @ Selector: I must correct myself. I have 4 photos of those peruvian Garratts because just 3days ago I received the "Railways of Peru...
  8. Highball

Amazing!!! Is this an "indianized" MTH PRR K4 hiding underneath it? Why did it slip so much on that bridge? I couldn´t even see some serious grade there! Is it because it lacks traction tires or because the train was too heavy? By the way: you should fix the flickering in your passenger cars...
  9. Highball

I´m so jealous! Wish I was born earlier! Must´ve been quite an adventure to travel in Peru in the 50´s. Did you also check out other railway lines in the Andes and other countries then? All I have is only 2 b&w photos of those peruvian Garratts! Only 4 were built and as far as I know out of...
  10. Highball

It´s the first time ever that I hear that 4-8-4+4-8-4 Garratts also existed in India! I thought only Australia had 4-8-4+4-8-4 Garratts! Can you please show me some links and infos to these Indian 4-8-4+4-8-4 Garratts? I always thought that Bengal Nagpur Railway´s 2-8-0+0-8-2 Garratts were...
  11. Highball

Hi Vik, I totally love Garratts! Would love to have one in HO scale model, but only if a complete matching train is also available! I guess the first Garratt in your video is the Australian Garratt from Eureka Models, right? But what about the second one? I don´t recognize it... I´m not into...
  12. Highball

1894-1904 Southern Pacific Sunset Limited

I have when I get a chance to live in a house instead of an apartment! Actually besides my apartment I have 2 houses of which one is already mine while the other one will be mine one day. There is plenty of space there to build a huge layout. For example the attic of the house that will be mine...
  13. Highball

See and hear it in motion here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XxrU0OqO0Q
  14. Highball

Although I like streamliner trains and the streamlined version of the Sunset Limited of course, the beauty of streamliners still has NO CHANCE against the beauty of the palatial trains of the late 19th century! Their beauty and luxury always win! Don´t you think so? By the way: If people who...
  15. Highball

Daytime photos part 2:

Back