Recent content by ellocoloco

1. ellocoloco

Marklin HO Flying Scotsman!

The Scotsman sold out on both Marklin and Trix's websites before it was available so job done. The EST 241 remains available so if all the ltd run models are produced in the same numbers then British HO has some interest! Only Marklin/Trix will know but I would expect that if they continue to...
  2. ellocoloco

Thanks. I know about the double chimney - though shouldn't we call it a 'stack' here? Still on the model it does appear a little high. A great model nevertheless and very happy with it.
  3. ellocoloco

I picked up my Trix Scotsman in December which made for a very expensive Christmas - but I'm worth it! What a machine and so good to have this loco in a proper scale with a correct gauge. There are a couple of things that don't look quite right, most noticeably to me the stack height, but it is...
  4. ellocoloco

Won a little mystery loco at an auction. :)

Looks like Minitrix 2043. https://www.catawiki.com/en/l/25577313-minitrix-n-2043-steam-locomotive-br-89-db Have fun.
  5. ellocoloco

Worse case scenario? Bachmann goes out of business

There has been a similar discussion in the UK regarding Bachmann/Kader and initially focused on the operating loss 2022/3. Of additional concern would be any potential brands that Kader acts as contract manufacturer for, so any potential upset may have a knock on effect to more brands than just...
  6. ellocoloco

Model Railroad Exhibitions/Shows/Shops in East Michigan.

Hi guys, My brother lives in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan and I might get over to see him at some point this year. I can potentially go anytime, but have to book my time off in advance and also make sure its suitable for him. So, I need some help identifying the best/biggest model rail shows in...
  7. ellocoloco

Engine won’t move

Hi, From your first post it appears you are using AC. HD, despite being 3 rail, are DC, but being older need a bit of grunt from the transformer. Have a look at this post on the Hornby Forum where this type of model comes up more often...
  8. ellocoloco

Hornby have produced a number of models of Scottie on its US holiday and have a Dublo version out now. R30208. Looks like it is sold out already! There have been others in the past inc. gold plated R3738. I don't think Scottie was changed that much for its Australian getaway. These have all...
  9. ellocoloco

Great to see this model available in HO. Will look great next to my Roco S3/6 and NKP Hudson, and my British HO 66s. 👍 I would expect an LNER apple green version if this sells well. It shouldn't be too difficult for them to backdate the model to the US (and Australian) tour appearance.
  10. ellocoloco

My Spanish ALCo repaints.

Electrotren have produced a number of models of the Type 316 DL500A since 2006 and I have three of the contractors versions - RENFE had withdrawn the type by the mid nineties- but I wanted another one from private operator TECSA for my future layout to go with the VIAS, COMSA and AZVI locos I...
  11. ellocoloco

Same loco, different scale

EMD Export Class 66 locomotive in both HO and OO scales. Different scales, same track............a twist on model development history. :cool:
  12. ellocoloco

Scottish railway modeller - Spanish and other models.

I've been lurking in the background for a while, admiring the models and dipping in for information when required. I think its only fair that I introduce myself and add a couple of contributions that may be of interest to other forum members. I am in Scotland and have been a train collector...

Back