Recent content by eaolsen5

1. E

Isaak's Bookshelf Railroad

Controller Oh yea, they're definately slipping. The Bachmann 4-4-0 would definatly benefit from some weight over the drivers. I think it would be a great challenge for the people at Bachmann to make a Spectrum version of this engine that is weighted correctly, has pickups on the drivers...
  2. E

Thanks Adam- Thanks for the complements and advice. The double crossover has been flawless and it saved my bacon in a very tight space. Erik
  3. E

Bachmann 4-4-0 American Problem

I have a Bachmann 4-8-4 that my Dad gave me when I was a kid. I was probably too yourng because I took the thing apart and jacked up the electrical leads and stripped out some of the screw holes. Do you think the $15 would cover that? Erik
  4. E

A few more pictures... Here's a few more pictures:
  5. E

I started this layout a couple of years ago with my son when the only space available in the house was one wall in his small bedroom. So, we designed a bookshelf layout that only takes up 10" X 78" of floor space. The priorities of the layout were: 1) To run multiple trains. 2) To...
  6. E

Comment by 'eaolsen5' in media 'The New Mr. Shay'

WOW!!! That is BEAUTIFUL!!
  7. E

Photos

I would like to post some photos to this site. Can someone show me the best way to do so. I have noticed some people using PhotoBucket or something like that but the pictures seem to expire after a while. I also have some video that I will probably just post on youtube and link to it...
  8. E

Bachmann 4-4-0 American Problem

I got the Bachmann 4-4-0 "Jupiter" in a set for Christmas when I was 13 (25 years ago). It ran quite good for about 4 years and then it started having trouble so I sent it in to Bachmann for repairs and they sent me a brand new one! I have been running that one ever since. It is a pretty good...
  9. E

Flying Object Over Layout?????

Organic Models I once caught a large fly and tied a small thread around its "neck". I then tied the other end of the thread to a hook on the ceiling. It went around in circles for about 36 hours with a pit-stop on the ceiling from time to time. I have also heard that the military is...

Back