Recent content by cointrain101

1. C

HO leaning bells

Bowser and Precision Scale make them. I bought a Bowser one for use on a project. It even swings! http://www.bowser-trains.com/hoother/calscale/Cal-Scale-Steam-Loco-Parts1.jpg Adam
  2. C

Already building, but...

Byron, you are totally right. This layout was designed for me 4 years ago, and since then I have started to find a fascination in shelf layouts. I feel as though the Yard and engine facilities are huge now. Even though in real life these were huge. The brick yard at the curve I dont think is...
  3. C

Already building, but...

Hi, Yes it was designed by Stan Sweatt. Sorry I did not think I needed that. Thanks a lot
  4. C

Already building, but...

The layout is 20*15 feet, plus two Closets. This is HO and the minimum turnout is a number
  5. C

Already building, but...

Hi, I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on my layout plan. I am done with the west side of the layout and just starting the Yard. I was wondering do you guys have any suggestions that I could implement into the layout? Here is the design
  6. C

How do you guys lay track???

Ken thanks but I do use a spackling knife. I probably just leave to much.
  7. C

What Compressor to use

I was wondering. What Kind of compressor could I use with a badger 150 airbrush? I know there are a lot out there but which is the best? Thanks a lot.
  8. C

I realize that, it just sometimes happens. Thanks
  9. C

Heres the thing... The white caulk tends to pop through the tie plates so you have to carefully cut it off. Which is fine by me. Also, big globs can get stuck in the ties and it makes it hard to ballast.
  10. C

I have been using white caulk on half of my layout, which I now regret... I see that a lot of people like to use elmers glue. I know you could nail it, but on foam it does not stay. Tell me what you guys use.
  11. C

BLI PRR K4 Project

There might be a small improvement in electronics but not much. The locomotives have been the same throughout BLIs history. They made these a few years ago to. The K4 should be out early 2013. I would say from january-april
  12. C

BLI PRR K4 Project

The K4 will cost about 350 dollars for the normal one, and about 400 for the streamlined one. The PRR NW2 and SW7 will be out about May 2012
  13. C

BLI PRR K4 Project

I sent an email out to BLI asking what the status was on if they were ever going to rerelease the long awaited PRR K4. I also asked about if they are considering doing the Streamlined ones to. This was the Response I got "I agree with everything you said. Our next run of the K4 with...
  14. C

Locos...do you really get what you pay for?

Yep I said it, I said PRR T1!!! I have a video of it running on my Youtube channel, and I will post a photo here. PRR T1 and Q2 by CoinTrain101, on Flickr Now back to Locomotives. Today I got a PRR J1 from Broadway Limited! I put it on the track and it was able to pull 24 cars up a 2%...
  15. C

Locos...do you really get what you pay for?

I have engines ranging from 45 dollars all the way up to about 650 dollars. Of course I was able to get pretty amazing discounts, but thats another story. The cheapest ones are bachmanns, and they do not run well. I normally take out the Bachmann decoders and put it something different (TCS...

Back