Recent content by coastrider

1. C

Converting a 8-40C to a CW...

Item number: 250961201605 This is the one i bought from this seller, he may have the one your looking for. Mike
  2. C

help with programming dcc loco

I have found the best way is to use "Decoder Pro" from JMRI for all my programming.You have the option of then using a programming track or program via the main operating track. My setup is a Digitrax Super chief and a RR Circuits usb loco buffer conected to my pc, the proramming output from...
  3. C

Meet the twins

Finally managed to get some modeling time in, we have here two GP60's. 64 is an Athearn BB withadded details, Mu pipes, coupler bars, plough,Ac unit and rotary beacon the standard Athearn markings have been suplemented with some additional ones from a microscale, LED lights front and rear with a...
  4. C

Painting a Brass car

What i have been doing with my brass models is: 1: A through scrub with a toothbrush in hot water and detergent, rinse and dry. This will get rid of finger prints and any residue of flux from the soldering process. 2: Let it soak in a mixture of vinegar and water for a hour or so rinse let it...
  5. C

Hoilday Projects.

The trucks had 3 passes of box car red wash followed by 3 passes of Engine black wash then a couple of coats of matt clear lacquer then i brushed some brown weathering powder on to the trucks and blew the excess off. i will try the tripod and longer shutter time when i next get the camera...
  6. C

Hoilday Projects.

With the holidays here i suddenly have time to start clearing the bench of unfinished projects, The first is a Athearn Genesis SD70 which has had a mixture of black and brown wash's applied to take the shine off it then some brown chalks applied to the fans and grills. The finish is actually...
  7. C

It's my own fault.....

Well here is my contribution for what passes as a relatively tidy work bench. Generally any "work in progress" s kept in a plastic container and brought out as needed. My biggest problem is tool storage i have so many i loose track of what i have and need to remind my self constantly what i do...
  8. C

Kit Built 0N30 engine.

Thanks. Thanks for the positive feedback on this model, i have actually got a whole host of little extras to clutter it up with courtesy of wireman models. Lot of small tools and pulley's etc once the house is painted back to the models.
  9. C

P2k Sd7

Thanks Many thanks for the positive feedback on this model, only about another 10 to go :eek: :eek:
  10. C

P2k Sd7

Heres my second attempt at air brushing. It was bought as a undecorated SD7 and painted with Revel acrylics as the correct BN green was not available i just used "leaf green" in a satin finish and the black is just gloss black.The handrails were painted off the model i just held them with a pair...
  11. C

Kit Built 0N30 engine.

Hi. Here are a few photos of a Logging engine i have more or less finished, it started out as a Mantua RTR Engine every thing except the chassis and boiler was discarded, it was rebuilt using a "Backwoods Miniatures" kit, which is a mixture of Brass etchings and white metal castings. It is my...
  12. C

Santa Fe paint choice.

This is the colour i finally chose compared to a RTR model and the box car which i painted in what is supposed to be "Box car yellow". The ultimate effect i aiming for once the model is finished and weathered is that of a sun bleached,rust streaked and generally rundown unit nearing the end...
  13. C

Santa Fe paint choice.

Santa Fe paint Thanks guys for your feed back on my paint issue's. The santa fe yellow that Josh mentions is not available round here,i sprayed up a box car with the "Box car yellow" that i had and yuk theres no way it would have passed as yellow on a engine so i just bought some plain ordinary...
  14. C

Santa Fe paint choice.

One of my tasks over the holiday period is to catch up on the painting of my RR models,i bought my self a very nice badger airbrush and compressor for christmas and i've been having a great time painting. How ever one of the paints i bought was "Polly Scale rail box yellow" this was...

Back