Recent content by CMMR

1. CMMR

Making Decals with a Jet Ink Printer

Jerome - what you say makes sense. For my next project I will try a gloss coat and see if it gets rid of the ghosting. Thanks Gary
  2. CMMR

Jerome - I have only ever used Dullcote, so I don't know. I always apply a coat of Dullcote to my models after the decals are applied to seal the edges and give a slightly weathered appearance.
  3. CMMR

Hi Greg; I have made a lot of my own decals on my HP inkjet using Testors white and clear decal paper. For the most part they have turned out pretty well. The only tips that I can give you are to make sure to give the ink plenty of time to dry and then to seal the decals with Dullcote. Do not...
  4. CMMR

Building The CMMR

Finally wired up the yard lights for the Maintenance Facility.
  5. CMMR

Building The CMMR

Thanks KB02!
  6. CMMR

Building The CMMR

I haven't updated this thread forever, so here are a few new pictures. Starting off is my vintage Walthers Dairy Queen. The area around the Grain Elevator is now all landscaped... The Service Facility is now fully detailed... I have also added an Intermodal Terminal...
  7. CMMR

Running Bear's January 2019 Coffee Shop

We're not quite as cold as you Mark but pretty damn close! Next week doesn't look much better either. All the more reason to hunker down in the basement and work on the layout.
  8. CMMR

Building The CMMR

A few miscellaneous shots.
  9. CMMR

Building The CMMR

The Distribution Facility.
  10. CMMR

Building The CMMR

The Grain Elevator and Dairy Queen.
  11. CMMR

Building The CMMR

Haven't updated this thread in a while. Things have progressed pretty well this winter. With the exception of adding a few more trees I have completed the two modules at the south end of the layout. I'm kind of burnt out so with the exception of a few small projects I think that will be it...
  12. CMMR

Running Bear's LXXIII Coffee Shop

Just about finished the two modules at the south end of the layout. Still need to add a few more trees and some signs. I don't want to solder any more chain link for a while!
  13. CMMR

Going through a total loss of interest!

Mark - I tend to go through spurts on the layout. For a while I will be all over a project and then like you I couldn't be bothered to even go in the room. I think for those of us like you and me that have winter 5 months of the year it can be easy to get depressed. For me I try to work...
  14. CMMR

Running Bear's LXXIII Coffee Shop

D. - my condolences to you and your family. I used to enjoy Eric's down to earth comments and how he was able to make his "beer run" no matter how he was feeling or what the weather was like. He reminded me a lot of Jeffrey who this thread is named after in that they both suffered from one...
  15. CMMR

Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

Nice job Lloyd. Do you build all the handrails from scratch?

Back