Recent content by clyde

1. C

Weathered Gondola

The last couple days I've been working on a roundhouse kit of a CNW ex Railgon. To create the dents I simply used a cigarette lighter and a retractable pen. I then added some rust colored paint, Kadee #5's, and Intermountain wheels. The load is the stamping scrap load from Chooch Enterprises...
  2. C

What Diesel Locomotive would you like to see..

CNW torpedo tube GP35's and slugs circa 1980.
  3. C

Airbrushing help

I tried my hand at airbrushing for the first time this weekend and it became a full on disaster. I have what I would consider an entry level airbrush made by Master Airbrush and was using Badger Modelflex Paint. At first I couldn't get the gun to pull the paint then when I diluted the paint, my...
  4. C

Coffee Shop XXXIX-9/21/2013

I went to the National Model Railroad Association Kate Shelley Division Train Show yesterday. I told myself that I wasn't going to spend over $20 which included the $5 entrance fee and was able to get a CNW Accurail ACF 3-Bay Covered Hopper for $5 and a CNW system timetable from 1981 for $8.
  5. C

Iowa State Railroad Club Layout Progress 2013/2014

Since colder weather is upon us we've started working on the layout again. The really great news is that I'm no longer the only member. Two came back from internships and one is now back for graduate school. We actually stumbled across some supplies like a bundle of 50 pieces of flex-track, so...
  6. C

More Progress on the Iowa St. Railroad Club

Here's a few more pictures. 1. A few switch throws installed. Since I didn't have them when I started laying track some are on the wrong side but that can be dealt with. 2. More cork laid in the staging/yard area. 3. The future engine facility.
  7. C

I thought about that but didn't want to dig down 2 inches and still maybe not have enough room so I just changed the track plan a little bit.
  8. C

Here's a treat, a few weeks ago somebody in the Ames area donated a Lionel set. All the pieces are there but I don't think it is operational. It would be awesome if we could get it fixed but no promises, still very cool anyway.
  9. C

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've given any updates. I finally was able to get more supplies so I've gotten quite a bit done.
  10. C

have you guys heard of this??

Just google US prisoner rail cars and you'll find all sorts of stories out there that have popped up since 1990. It really makes me laugh. It shows how little some people know about railroading.
  11. C

Thanks guys. Sadly I don't have 8 ft of room to bring it up to 4 inches so no bridge for me, I have another plan for elavation changes that willhelp separate the mainline from the yard/staging area.
  12. C

Here's the base for the approach for the branch line to go over the mainline. I don't think it will be too much grade what does eveyone else think? I should be able to get some plaster cloth on Friday to finish it up.
  13. C

Northern steel--layout

Looking good, keep up the good work.
  14. C

That would be great, just let me know how you'd like me to pay you. That's one thing I wanted to add but the club doesn't have any.
  15. C

Here's a few more pictures after today. 1. More track laid for the spur to the new spot for the gravel dealer. 2. The new spot for the gravel dealer which will be the Walthers HO Bulk Transfer Conveyor. 3. Update on the first small section of scenery. 4. New scenery! Still planning the...

Back