Recent content by ChinaHaun19

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. ChinaHaun19

What is wrong with my locomotive?

Thank you, as further digging has led me to understand that not only did I outgrow the powerpack the set came with, I outgrew it a few times over... and even the upgrade I was considering.... before I decided to wait today, would not have sufficed!!!!
  2. ChinaHaun19

I have pretty much solved the problem with the track by doing the tab bending trick. I used to have the layout on a rug, but I moved it into a large linoleum floor kitchen. But then today I bought a Williams Bachmann diesel locomotive, and when I put it on the track, it doesn’t go anywhere...
  3. ChinaHaun19

thanks for taking the time to write me! I had completely disassembled the track layout last night and what I did was rebuild a small oval, doing the trick where I slightly bend the center rail tabs up toward the outer left rail. After a couple taps of the finger this worked and the engine has...
  4. ChinaHaun19

I have a Lionel 1900 on fastrack I got a month ago. I’ve used it quite heavily and run it every day and have switched layout designs a few times. the locomotive headlight started going out occasionally and the locomotive would stop when this happens. It seemed to start happening at several...
  5. ChinaHaun19

Severe continuity issue: How do I go about switching out fastrack for something else?

A month ago I bought a Lionel starter set complete with fastrack. Worked great for three weeks. I have used my set heavily. I quickly expanded my layout by investing some $280 in track. But over the last week, a severe continuity problem developed. I’ve tried doing that “tab” thing on several...
  6. ChinaHaun19

Two killed when Lionel freight train plows through end-track office

CCTV footage below shows violent, deadly crash. On Saturday, two railroad employees and a pet pig of the office were killed when a train, which breaks had failed, crashed violently into the office which was located...
  7. ChinaHaun19

Starting up a long O-guage train, and gradually increasing its speed until it crashes.

This video shows how inappropriately high speeds can render an otherwise safe layout into a death zone. The train gradually increases in speed over a period of 3 minutes until it reaches a critical level of speed and violently crashes onto an N gauge track.
  8. ChinaHaun19

Hi I’m Sherman and...

thank you! I like to focus my layouts more with vertical and horizontal track complexity.
  9. ChinaHaun19

Hi I’m Sherman and...

My triple layout, including the O gauge Lionel that I have been gradually painting Metallic Gloss colors. Over, Under, Up and Down, safe and sound.
  10. ChinaHaun19

Hi I’m Sherman and...

hah thanks!!! I want to go for an “alien world” train layout, colorful and sci-fi style
  11. ChinaHaun19

Hi I’m Sherman and...

Hi I’m Sherman and I’ve recently and abruptly developed a hobby of doing model trains and... I brush paint them with enamel. I obtained a new O gauge Lionel 1900 set and did this. Was this the right thing to do?

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.