Making some cool G gauge rolling stock.

ChinaHaun19

I have begin to slowly collect these square-ish Piko Ore Jennies. I get them at Onlytrains, RLD, Trainz.com etc. They automatically come with plastic wheels which is OK to start, but I insisted on ultimately fitting them with metal wheels, which I finally got a chance to order and I am patiently awaiting. Ore cars with metal wheels makes it feel more like a counterpart to an O gauge freight train, which is fun since I have one running next to my G gauge train. I chose USA Trains wheels which are super shiny and chrome looking. It will be awesome and I shall post photos when the wheels arrive. I also just received my new Shell tank car, which I got for an amazing $33 on ebay. Hard to find deal for those.

Screenshot 2022-06-12 10.04.34 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-06-07 10.06.59 AM.png
unnamed (1).jpg

I finally received the metal wheels I have been begging the universe for. I selected USA TRAINS POLISHED METAL WHEELS. These basically have the appearance of Chrome... And I am not going to be painting them or making them appear prototypical because they basically cause the rolling stock to take on the appearance of jewelry. It looks amazing to me.

I like how the USA TRAINS wheels I picked out were actually among the least expensive options... And that is surprising because... Once I held them in my hands instead of complaining about how much money they were, I realized it was worth it. Though bear in mind that when it comes to wheels, the prices vary dramatically from one dealer to the next so you have to be careful especially if you need several axles.

IMG_7783.jpg
IMG_7785.jpg

IMG_7789.jpg

Back