Recent content by Caldermologist

1. C

Shortcut or dead end?

Your latest suggestion would have worked, if I had been using insulfrog switches, or points. Since I'm not the yellow section has to terminate ahead of the crossings. There is really no need to be able to perform the crossover with a whole train, so this will work anyway. I've made this...
  2. C

Shortcut or dead end?

This plan dates back to long before DCC was even thought of. Apart from flipping it, I have only added one extra team track for the farm, a pocket for my switch engine to avoid having to use the station siding when working the yard, and the tracks in each end to my next module and to staging...
  3. C

Shortcut or dead end?

I'm planning my first DCC-layout. It will be N scale, Peco c55 with electrofrog turnouts. I'll be using Lenz Set 100 to run it. I'm preparing to build a flipped left-to-right version of Granite Gorge and Northern. One of my locomotives is too long to be able to turn on a turntable. Would it...
  4. C

Track: Atlas vs Peco vs something else??

I don't have any experience from using them myself as I've just started collecting for my first proper layout. Did some HO experiments on the floor as a child. I hope to get far enough to be able to try some this summer.
  5. C

Track: Atlas vs Peco vs something else??

A Tip for saving using Peco turnouts If you use Peco's own under board turnout motors you need three parts to take care of the frog polarisation as well. With Seep PM1, http://www.gaugemaster.com/item_details.asp?code=GMC-PM1&r=1 You get it all in one smaller package, saving both money and...

Back