Recent content by bristolman

1. B

gp38 atlas master series gold decoder

need help again with atlas gp38 program mode page step cv 8 cv read p 127 do i enter 33 at this point after the read to do the factory reset ( using digitrax zephyr extra ) and the hit cv write button ? mike
  2. B

solder leads to the trucks

i guess i thought that the copper wipers ( that you cut or tape ) are the real culprit to bad pick up and the drilling and tapping would provide a more reliable connection ? mike
  3. B

saw something that might be easier than truck soldering i read a post where someone else drilled and tapped holes at the top of the 2 frame halves , then they soldered the red and black leads to screws ( frame halves are insulated from each other anyway . i thought that might be a little easier...
  4. B

turntables

diamond scale still researching for charlie too . i saw the diamond scale too but not the motor part . ill have to sit charlie down and ask him how much does he want to tackle ( he is 82 ) as far as the kit building . thank you for the direction though . i don't think he wants to spend the 300...
  5. B

turntables

anyone have any recommendations for a turntable ? read a lot of negatives for walthers early model . how about atlas turntable or the peco ? friend of mine is looking , older guy and no internet so I'm looking for him . he's layout is nothing but steam engines . mike
  6. B

thanks thank you for the help , still a little nervous about doing this but what the heck ,bought the engine knowing id have to put a decoder in . just have to pay attention to what i am doing. thanks again for the guidance . has anyone on the forum done a spectrum dcc install ? mike
  7. B

size what wire size would you use ? mike
  8. B

when i get the nerve up going to put a decoder in bachmann spectrum dash 8 loco . would you solder leads to the trucks ? mike
  9. B

from the internet Atlas Master Series(™) Locomotives I have an Atlas Master series loco that is DCC equipped and am having trouble programming it. Are the functions controlled by the CV's the same corresponding number shown in the Digitrax manual, or are they different? Atlas does not...
  10. B

engine was in dcc mode ( dual mode option dc or dcc ) and run on dc track . decoder needs replacing but it does run ok in dc . what would have to be done to fix it ? can another decoder be installed other than a lentz ? mike
  11. B

older mrc controllers

wide open when i sat the engine on the track and turned the power switch on , rheostat set to zero the engine just took off like there was no tomorrow . shut power off before it jumped the track . i put a meter on the output and it was 16 v . and the real problem is the rheostats don't work ...
  12. B

older mrc controllers

dumb question but going to ask anyway . when i was on line looking for info on an older mrc controller , i read that they weren't good for the newer engine because of the higher voltages sent to the engines . this was supposedly caused by the rheostat control . true or not ? mike
  13. B

mrc model 700

what a pleasant surprise was away from home earlier today and got home opening emails . received manual from mrc in pdf form . mike
  14. B

mrc model 700

mrc i just emailed them , but as i was searching on line about a book another person indicated mrc isnt much help as they just informed him it was a discontinued model and they couldnt help as far as manuals.you would think they would be like other manufacturers an have downloadable...
  15. B

mrc model 700

switches on top there were cab 1 and cab 2 connectors at the back of the unit . i put a voltmeter on it and the voltage didnt change when moving either control . i sure wish i could find a manual . ( used so i didnt get one ) mike

Back