Recent content by AusPete

1. A

My adventures in Ho Scale.

Great looking layout Mike. Can't wait to see more.
  2. A

LED Flickers

I've come in a bit late on this thread but I'm actually about to wire up some LED street lamps myself but I'm going to use a "left over"Arduino board to make one flicker deliberately. I also have an EWP truck to place next to it for the work crew who are going to be fixing it. Maybe I should've...
  3. A

Union Pacific Branch Layout

Have got some parking spots marked out.....
  4. A

Managed to get roads and sidewalks stuck down in the town area. Need to paint the road markings next and install street lights. Better install the "sky backdrop"as well
  5. A

I have decided to bite the bullet and revamp the town scene area of the layout as well as eliminating the need for a helix down to the lower deck staging tracks. My main concern was the ongoing maintenance requirements of the helix and the access restrictions as my age progresses. This is the...
  6. A

Hi Mike, The workstation is actually a set of draws holding my freight cars that are currently not in use and the laptop is used to run a program I've written to schedule the delivery and pickup of cars, schedule maintenances and refuelling of locomotives and to allocate time for the inloading...
  7. A

Starting applying some static grass in a few locations. Mix of 4mm and 6mm and a mix of a few colours together
  8. A

Rainier and Pacific (My fictional 1950's layout)

Trackwork looks awesome. Is it all hand laid track and turnouts?
  9. A

Hello from Maitland NSW Australia

Welcome Phil. I'm sure you'll find these guys to be an amazing group with plenty of helpful tips and answers.
  10. A

Thanks Wombat. Yes they were Woodland Scenics armatures and I added the foliage
  11. A

Bought and made these a long time ago but I'm pretty sure they are Woodland Scenics trees Any resemblance to Spencer Street must be ingrained memories stuck in my head. It has been a long time since my last visit to Spencer Street I'll put it down to pure luck
  12. A

And a few more trees.......At least these ones don't die like the ones in my garden
  13. A

Finally got the basic ground cover scenery finished in the back corner of the industrial area around the timber retailers I will add some further ground detailing later with some static grass and a few puddles lying around Also started planting a few trees around the place
  14. A

Seething, Ill. A Rock Island Yard in HO

I must say Joe, I have not had much to do with the UK forums but when it comes to this forum, you couldn't ask for a nicer and more supportive group of members. My hat is off to you all. Looking forward to more posts on your new layout Joe.
  15. A

Seething, Ill. A Rock Island Yard in HO

Looks like a great plan. May I ask what your disillusionment was with modelling UK outline? I'm curious if it is the same thing that disillusioned me which was mainly substandard locomotives that could not run at anything like slow speed and generally lasted about 12 months before having major...

Back